Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I thought Keane was taken off with a knock which is why I suggested resting him. Keane for Mina then
I didn't see the incident where supposed knock happened. If you're right about that then I think Branthwaite will get a call up to be paired with Holgate or Godfrey with Coleman or Niels getting some time in fullback, more likely Coleman.

Hard to predict what Carlo selects tonight. Some rotation is required, obviously, but we don’t have enough depth at present to afford to rest all of our top players. The drop off in quality is too big in certain areas for my liking. Dom out for Tosun, for example, would give us zero out-ball and pile even more pressure on our defence.

Think it would be wise to give Mina, who has suffered from injuries at times, the night off and slide Holgate next to Keane. Coleman comes back in for sure and, potentially, Jonjoe over Godfrey being another change.

Don’t see many options to change the midfield other than Gomes for one of Davies/Doucoure/Gylfi. Bernard gets the nod over Gordon and Iwobi plays again.

No way should we have rested played in the cup. Don’t you want a trophy
Yeah obviously I want a cup, I want them all. The only way to do that is to get better players and a larger quality squad. We do that by getting Champions League football. We can then attract better players. The odds were against us for winning the least desirable cup of them all and we ended up coming away with our most influential player injured.

Hard to predict what Carlo selects tonight. Some rotation is required, obviously, but we don’t have enough depth at present to afford to rest all of our top players. The drop off in quality is too big in certain areas for my liking. Dom out for Tosun, for example, would give us zero out-ball and pile even more pressure on our defence.

Think it would be wise to give Mina, who has suffered from injuries at times, the night off and slide Holgate next to Keane. Coleman comes back in for sure and, potentially, Jonjoe over Godfrey being another change.

Don’t see many options to change the midfield other than Gomes for one of Davies/Doucoure/Gylfi. Bernard gets the nod over Gordon and Iwobi plays again.

For me Doucoure has to be rested.

I think a draw would be an excellent result here given the circumstances and difference in squad depth between the two teams. We really need that rest after the West Ham match

Totally different game today than against Sheff Utd we'll be doing very little other than defending for 90 minutes therefore its going to make little difference who plays providing the set up is right.

Managers across the PL will rotate for todays games mate. As I said earlier anyone who's ever actually played competitive sports will know why whereas the armchair fans who think footie players are robots and can go and go and go some more expect the same 11 out 2x games in under 48 hours absolutely no chance.
Yeah I appreciate that and Im sure there will be changes but the point is that we shouldnt be trying to roll over now. The team you mentioned simply could not beat City if they played 50 times. If the players have one more game in them this is the one to push for and then rest the whole squad and try to sneak a win a west ham.

For me Doucoure has to be rested.
Davies going off the other night suggests he’s definitely playing tonight. So it’s likely Doucoure gets a breather. Its back to the dreaded trio of Davies/Gomes/Gylfi which ended last season. Going to be a long hard night in there for them.

Siggy, and certainly Davies, haven't been over-burdened with 90 minutes on a regular basis.

I'd certainly start Davies tonight. I'd give Gylfi 30 minutes depending on circumstances.

I don't want Gomes starting, its unfortunate, but we don;t have that luxurty even when fielding a vastly different side.

We simply don’t have the quality in depth to rest or rotate.

2 banks of 4, everyone behind the ball when they have it and let Man City pass themselves into a coma hopefully.

City have lots of possession but nowhere near as much cutting edge as they have had in the past, let’s hope that continues tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.