Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a chance tonight to go joint top of the league, a good performance and a win could catapult us forward to challenge for the league but its everton so we wont.

Might be a step too far this one with the squad they have getting beat by these does not hurt that much if it comes to that
any team that can challange the scum if we can't beat them then we can at least help them

I would make wholesale changes, but keep the back 4 and try and work on maintaining the team shape. Make it difficult and try and play in the break. Would consider playing Nkounkou infront of Godfrey and maybe Coleman or Kenny ahead of Holgate. Pick 3 in the middle of midfield. Davies, Gomes either Bernard or Gordon at 10. I would give Tosun a game up front and have DCL on the bench. Essentially play 4 5 1. But have a strong bench.

Cant see us losing, let City worry about us, too many negative concerns from blues.
They have a busy schedule, injuries...etc like us, our form will see us good tonight.
I'll be disappointed with a draw

How’s that? We already have half our squad crocked, playing footballers with overused muscles will see all our squad out. One game does not make a season.
Yeah can’t argue with you. We have been very lucky last 4 games that players like DCL, Doucs and are entire back 4 haven’t picked up a injury due to overuse. Missing 4 starters then other injuries to squad players has meant Carlo hasn’t been able to change it up. But these players could do with a rest, 4-5 changes should be help us save energy and the possibility to nick a win or a hard thought draw. But as you said a defeat here doesn’t make or break us. I do feel however we cannot afford to lose heavily, we need to be at least in the game to keep confidence up.

I can't believe we're going again tonight! I haven't recovered from injury time in the Sheffield Utd game yet.

Sigurdsson must start (but not necessarily finish).

I think tonight we should start the same as we did at SU, TBH we haven’t got that much choice. Same subs also to come on through the game. Gordon wasn’t great but I would give him another start.

Status
Not open for further replies.