Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d go very weakened tonight tbh. Unlikely we’d win anyway
Problem is we're already weakened due to injury.

I'd rest Keane, play Coleman at right back and Holgate in the middle alongside Mina. I think we need to play Doucoure in there and would play Davies and Gomes alongside, resting Siggy. I'd probably rest Iwobi too and play Gordon and Bernard behind DCL.

I'd keep it tight at the back and in midfield and try and snatch a winner late on.

I'd rest Keane, play Coleman at right back and Holgate in the middle alongside Mina.
Playing Mina twice in 2 days for full games is crazy and if Carlo does this I will be shocked. Mina is doing well but he's much more prone to injury than Keane. Keane was taken off early to prepare for City, same thing with Davies.

Problem is we're already weakened due to injury.

I'd rest Keane, play Coleman at right back and Holgate in the middle alongside Mina. I think we need to play Doucoure in there and would play Davies and Gomes alongside, resting Siggy. I'd probably rest Iwobi too and play Gordon and Bernard behind DCL.

I'd keep it tight at the back and in midfield and try and snatch a winner late on.

I think you are wrong, do not disturb the back 4 ATM they are holding well. To play Coleman will be a mistake charges forward too much and too slow to get back to cover leaving the right hand side exposed. Also no to Gordon and Bernard behind DCL big mistake, Gordon did not show well agin Sheff U but Bernard did. Siggy and Iwobi do not need resting.

Anything we get from this fixture is a bonus, we have picked up far more points in December than I feared we would. A win or a draw tonight would be great, but, as long as we don’t suffer a confidence wrecking hammering, we will still be in a good place to start the new year.

I'm really hoping city have an "off"night,you just know they would against Satan's XI,I would snatch your hand off for a point,but West ham is a massive priority for us I feel

even though these are the days where clubs w/ depth like City thrive, my heart says we could actually win this.

Playing Mina twice in 2 days for full games is crazy and if Carlo does this I will be shocked. Mina is doing well but he's much more prone to injury than Keane. Keane was taken off early to prepare for City, same thing with Davies.
Fair enough. I thought Keane was taken off with a knock which is why I suggested resting him. Keane for Mina then

I think you are wrong, do not disturb the back 4 ATM they are holding well. To play Coleman will be a mistake charges forward too much and too slow to get back to cover leaving the right hand side exposed. Also no to Gordon and Bernard behind DCL big mistake, Gordon did not show well agin Sheff U but Bernard did. Siggy and Iwobi do not need resting.
I get what you mean which is why I added keeping it tight at the back, i.e. Coleman curbing his runs. I was thinking that City aren't a big side up front, but full of nippy players, so playing both Keane and Mina maybe wasn't the best idea,.

Status
Not open for further replies.