Votes: 19 2.2%
  • Melted cheese on toasted bread

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecheese

Member: Team PoP
So the window is officially closed, and we've done quite a bit of business.

TRANSFERS IN:
Cleverley
Deulofeu
Henen
Holgate
Rodriguez
Mori
Lennon

TRANSFERS OUT:
Alcaraz
Distin
Long (and a few others kids)

We held off Chelsea for Stones. We didn't sign the #10 we wanted.

For me it's a decent window, and probably better than most windows we've had. Not selling Stones was a huge win, but not signing a door unlocker really puts a dark cloud on it.

Can't decide at the moment. Feeling like a 6/10...will decide later.

Going with a 4.

We look (slightly) stronger than last year, but the lack of a creative spark is notably bad. I'm still ecstatic that Del is now one of ours, and Cleverly looks good, but the rest seem to be players for the future - and we need to be injecting good to great players into our Starting XI or the future will likely hold more transfer requests.

Overall: meh. Very disappointed because Martinez teased us with the elusive "Number 10." If he had said all along that we would keep the core players and only add a few pieces, might be very happy.
Agree, very disappointing to not sign a no.10 when it felt promised to us.

The only real complaint I have is the ''promised'' no.10 that didn't come. Besides from that we kept every key player, which is very good. The signings we did were for decent prices.

Went for a 3, we needed a big signing or two to state our intent as well as keeping Stones.

Compare our money spent to the rest of the league.

Not saying spend for the sake of it but we'll fall behind by standing still.

We must have the money available and if not then why not?

Overall: meh. Very disappointed because Martinez teased us with the elusive "Number 10." If he had said all along that we would keep the core players and only add a few pieces, might be very happy.

Be interesting when Martinez say that when he said he wanted a number 10 he didn't mean he wanted a number 10 it's was a bit of an accident that it came out that way. In my opinion any window should be judged on how much stronger your strongest 11 is. I'd give it a 4.5/10 baseball soley on Deulofeu and Cleverley. The rest I'm not really having. Lennon has a PL career average of a goal every 10 games and an assist 1 every 7.75 games and I've just heard mark Langden back up Tim Vickery in his assessment of Mori.

Status
Not open for further replies.