Post in here if you're knees are not jerking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods... This is a serious thread,,,, can you please infract Tommye as its the right and honourable thing to do.

And pipe Boss blue down too before I reap the whirlwind on him thanks.
giphy.gif

It was EXACTLY the same under Moyes on here. If you so much as questioned what the hell he was doing, you were knee jerking and being a bad fan.

I don't think you'll find a single post on here which has criticised people for being negative about a certain performance or decision. The piss taking is aimed at those calling for Martinez to be sacked or acting as if we're destined for the Championship because we're playing poorly.

The people who said we'd get relegated under Moyes got the same stick as those saying we'll get relegated this season. I've no issue at all with people who are unhappy with our current performance level. Anybody who is happy would have to be on serious crack.

For me, I think we have been under par, but not disastrous the way some are making out, and calling for Martinez to go is absolutely insane.

How many times has he been able to name his strongest 11 this season?

How many times has a game plan been [Poor language removed] up by 1 or more individual errors?

For me, he clearly had a plan for getting out of the group in the Europa League in the strongest position possible, and that has meant juggling/gambling with team selections to give us the best chance of doing that, and guess what, he nailed that.

I also firmly believe he is preparing us for a strong run in, which he will have looked at in advance thinking we take a lot of points from.

Maybe sacrificing points at this stage is risky, but it's not like he's deliberately set us up to lose these games. A few strange team selections aside (largely down to some horrendous luck with timings of injuries/suspensions) and a large helping of bad luck, have seen us slip down the table in a season where a few teams have overachieved, which makes everything look a lot worse, but in fact has actually kept things a lot more open. Only Chelsea have really done the business consistently this season and it shows because they are at the top for a reason.

We have been unable to field our strongest team this season, or even a semi strong team on a regular basis, and have dropped some daft points, but I've heard people saying it's the worst we've played in years, etc. Short sighted, short memories, and reactionary nonsense.

We are a team struggling for fitness and form, and instead of our support, the manager and players are getting crucified for it. For a senior player to come out and suggest it's not a pleasant experience playing at Goodison at the moment, something is definitely wrong, and the Goodison fume is not helping matters.

I love Everton, and i like to think Evertonians are some of the better informed, knowledgeable, decent, and least delusional football fans in the league. But that is mostly me just being delusional on all of our behalf, because we have got some right cranks and bellends who claim to be fans, and sometimes it's embarrassing to witness.

I don't even think Kneejerking is a good enough explanation /description for what is going on at the moment. It is verging on bipolar.

I just wish we could play all of our matches away so the majority didn't get the chance to be such petulant weapons.

It's not like we are gaining any advantage at the momemt anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.