Post in here if you're knees are not jerking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had 2 and a half years of winning nearly every home game we played. From this time 3 years ago up until this summer, we played 57 home games, won 41 of them, drew 11 and lost only 5. That's superb.

And after 2 and half years of playing by and large excellent football and being the better team in pretty much every one of those games, people get used to watching a pretty good side.

And right now, we're suddenly not watching a pretty good side any more. We've played 12 home games, won 5, drawn 3 and lost 4. That's not so good.

People are going to be disapointed when suddenly a great experience of going to goodison and watching us turn over teams, has suddenly stopped being such a fun time.

So yeah, it's only been 2 and a half years since we were last this bad, it's not that long ago but you know I liked us being good, too. It was fun.

I mean fair point on the kneeejerking and stuff. The 'martinez out' shouts are absurd. But when you start that we should play 'every game away from home' (what like Southampton? or Tottenham? or City?, we've been often dire away from home this season, our form is not in any way down to our support) because our fans aren't delighted at watching us lose 1-0 to stoke you can do one. We have a right to want better than this.

We've had 2 and a half years of winning nearly every home game we played. From this time 3 years ago up until this summer, we played 57 home games, won 41 of them, drew 11 and lost only 5. That's superb.

And after 2 and half years of playing by and large excellent football and being the better team in pretty much every one of those games, people get used to watching a pretty good side.

And right now, we're suddenly not watching a pretty good side any more. We've played 12 home games, won 5, drawn 3 and lost 4. That's not so good.

People are going to be disapointed when suddenly a great experience of going to goodison and watching us turn over teams, has suddenly stopped being such a fun time.

So yeah, it's only been 2 and a half years since we were last this bad, it's not that long ago but you know I liked us being good, too. It was fun.

I mean fair point on the kneeejerking and stuff. The 'martinez out' shouts are absurd. But when you start that we should play 'every game away from home' (what like Southampton? or Tottenham? or City?, we've been often dire away from home this season, our form is not in any way down to our support) because our fans aren't delighted at watching us lose 1-0 to stoke you can do one. We have a right to want better than this.

I didn't mean it from the perspective that I believe we would accumulate more points, I just meant because it's embarrassing seeing supposed grown up fans booing, criticising and impatiently demanding the manager be replaced after our 1st real bad period of form in, as you point out, 2 years or more.

The Stoke game was a disappointing result, but the reaction to it, and even before then, has been ridiculously over the top. Online petitions and planned walkouts? That is stupid for even some of the most idiotic of our fans, especially after so many of the same people bitched incessantly to get rid of Moyes before him as well.

At that rate, we would have to change managers every time we lose back to back games.

Not being happy about us losing, and impatiently suggesting we change managers because we lost, are 2 massively different things, and thats what this thread is about, or at least, that was my understanding.

Different type of blue on B.A.W.K though lid.

Screenshot_2014-12-28-03-35-38_1.jpg

If we'd carried on in the same vain as last season, barkley would of been head hunted, as too a few others and our manager would be no more than on loan until barca decided the time was right to take him.

Every cloud....and all that!

My knees never jerk...I, however, laugh out loud and cringe at the same time at the 99% who seem to knee jerk all the time.

Enjoy your meltdown you knee jerking melts. Roll with the punches would be a massive learning curve for many in this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.