Possible transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have been thinking we should bring Valencia here as we need a quality winger, the price will not be cheap but it would not be over price.

It just make me think why can't we bring in player like Valencia last summer, honestly he would look even better if he was playing for us, we could bring out the best of him, it could be couple of season before Wigan even has a chance to qualify for Europe, he should come to us unless Wigan spend big in summer.

he will go to utd!

if not then he want be cheap!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...all.html?in_article_id=560311&in_page_id=1779

Pennant is a yes for me but we need someone in the middle first with height, Crouch is a no for me, we don't want to encourage the long ball style, if he was a midfielder then it could be another matter, Kewell has lost it already and I am not interested in getting RS's unwanted player.

If we are signing any of the RS player it should be someone like Torres & Babel, but certainly not Crouch, Kewell or Alonso.

Crouch and Kewell could come, if the money is right

Behave, Alonso is quality, but won't come, Torres and Babel dream on.

ONeill wants Crouch. However in the Barry "trade" the [Poor language removed] have only offered Riise and Carson and no money. Which ONeill wisely turned down. The [Poor language removed] said they just offered Crouch a contract so I think he's staying.

I've been talking up Valencia for weeks now. After today if we want him I wonder if we could afford him. What a player.

Crouch contract has been on the table since December.

Valencia ? haven't seen todays goals, but haven't seen a lot of him

I don't think the [Poor language removed] would ever sell to us unless they got someone they wanted in return (such as Lescott which would make me vomit). We are too close to them in the standings.

Alonso is quality (but gets injured way too much) and if we'd get him Arteta would stick around for another few years as well.

ONeill wants Crouch. However in the Barry "trade" the [Poor language removed] have only offered Riise and Carson and no money. Which ONeill wisely turned down. The [Poor language removed] said they just offered Crouch a contract so I think he's staying.

I've been talking up Valencia for weeks now. After today if we want him I wonder if we could afford him. What a player.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_3509724,00.html

Reports emerged on Merseyside early on Friday that a bid of around £14million, which included players - with Peter Crouch and Scott Carson mentioned - had been lodged with Villa for their captain.

crouch is great, yak needs a player like him to feed off, we dont give our strikers the correct supply, long ball to a pair of midgets who cant jump, either a big presence up top or a creative midfielder with influence on the game is needed..ie manny

I wanted us to sign Barry 2 seasons ago when he would have cost us around £4m pity...

Can anyone remember when we voted for Valencia to be young player of the world cup last time round so that **** Ronaldo didnt win it?! Said then he was going to be decent, dont think hes quite in the same bracket as Arteta mind.

I would like to see Huddlestone, I think hes going to be a hell of a player. This time next year we will be talking about him as one of the top midfielders in the country- I guarantee it.

Status
Not open for further replies.