Possible transfer targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
At least five of Liverpool's senior squad are being put up for sale by Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

The Daily Mail says Benitez may struggle to match last summer's outlay on Torres, Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun, but he is ready to increase his spending power by cashing in on Peter Crouch and Xabi Alonso and listening to offers for Steve Finnan, John Arne Riise and Jermaine Pennant.
Portsmouth are in pole position for Crouch, whose failure to play any part in the return leg with Chelsea could prove the final straw, while Real Madrid and Barcelona continue to monitor Alonso's availability.
Source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=90804

Now I know that it's highly unlikely that Liverpool would sell to us but surely we should be after Alonso if this rumour is true. It's more likely to happen then selling Torres and Gerrard like everyone has been saying will happen. If so I'd also take a serious look at Crouch if we continue to play long balls to Yakubu.

Source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=90804

Now I know that it's highly unlikely that Liverpool would sell to us but surely we should be after Alonso if this rumour is true. It's more likely to happen then selling Torres and Gerrard like everyone has been saying will happen. If so I'd also take a serious look at Crouch if we continue to play long balls to Yakubu.
I would'nt want any of them. There is a reason that they have not managed to hold down a place at Pool and that Rafael might be looking to get rid of them.
Crouch is not worth the effort - for that role Anichebe will do better. We need to look at creative midfielders and Alonso is as overrated as any other player in the league. The rest is not better than what we already have.

No thanks, Arteta is better then alonso we need more of a physical peresance, lucho gonzalaz for me!

If only tribal football was a reliable source we would have 80 mill to spend!

I read that Gattuso wanted to play in PL,a nd he didn´t have any favourite teams. I would love to se him at us, damn, he would be better then Gravesen was at his best.

Honestly Danny? Probably true as Moyesy want's to add height and strength to the midfield.

I'd like Kewell, Pennant or Crouch at us but i'd doubt any moves would happen because they are probably scared of the trouble that could happen.

Honestly Danny? Probably true as Moyesy want's to add height and strength to the midfield.

I'd like Kewell, Pennant or Crouch at us but i'd doubt any moves would happen because they are probably scared of the trouble that could happen.

Pennant is a yes for me but we need someone in the middle first with height, Crouch is a no for me, we don't want to encourage the long ball style, if he was a midfielder then it could be another matter, Kewell has lost it already and I am not interested in getting RS's unwanted player.

If we are signing any of the RS player it should be someone like Torres & Babel, but certainly not Crouch, Kewell or Alonso.

I think Crouch is really underrated and could do a great job. He really has really good ability on the ball, he can hold it up well, his shots from far out have been good lately, he doesnt miss when the ball comes to his feet inside the box, he could score from headers from our many crosses we put in and he could take the ball well when our defenders pump it up.

I think it'd be a bit of a gamble bringing him here but I think he could do the business

I think Crouch is really underrated and could do a great job. He really has really good ability on the ball, he can hold it up well, his shots from far out have been good lately, he doesnt miss when the ball comes to his feet inside the box, he could score from headers from our many crosses we put in and he could take the ball well when our defenders pump it up.

I think it'd be a bit of a gamble bringing him here but I think he could do the business

ONeill wants Crouch. However in the Barry "trade" the [Poor language removed] have only offered Riise and Carson and no money. Which ONeill wisely turned down. The [Poor language removed] said they just offered Crouch a contract so I think he's staying.

I've been talking up Valencia for weeks now. After today if we want him I wonder if we could afford him. What a player.

ONeill wants Crouch. However in the Barry "trade" the [Poor language removed] have only offered Riise and Carson and no money. Which ONeill wisely turned down. The [Poor language removed] said they just offered Crouch a contract so I think he's staying.

I've been talking up Valencia for weeks now. After today if we want him I wonder if we could afford him. What a player.

I too have been thinking we should bring Valencia here as we need a quality winger, the price will not be cheap but it would not be over price.

It just make me think why can't we bring in player like Valencia last summer, honestly he would look even better if he was playing for us, we could bring out the best of him, it could be couple of season before Wigan even has a chance to qualify for Europe, he should come to us unless Wigan spend big in summer.

I too have been thinking we should bring Valencia here as we need a quality winger, the price will not be cheap but it would not be over price.

It just make me think why can't we bring in player like Valencia last summer, honestly he would look even better if he was playing for us, we could bring out the best of him, it could be couple of season before Wigan even has a chance to qualify for Europe, he should come to us unless Wigan spend big in summer.

Valencia has really blossomed this year, and wasn't 1/2 the player he was the season before (he would drift in and out of matches and make an occasional mistake). He's taken advantage of his starting position and has become a really good player. There is a chance that he wouldn't of made our starting 11 this year and would not have gotten the PT/experience that he's gotten at Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.