Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like @Nymzee calling for Wesley. Big bloke and he and DCL in reserve to Richarlison.

But if variety.

Then spend the money on other areas (lozano + wan bissaka + zouma + gomes)

Sebastien Haller would be good. He's got everything. Really come on at Frankfurt in the last year or so. Eight goals and six assists so far this season as well. Brands would probably know him well from his time in Holland.

Don't get the Werner shouts really. He's good but his entire game is based on running in behind. Without that I don't know if he has the skillset to really excel just yet in the Prem.

The Bundesliga is ace for those kinds of players - quick, nimble attackers who play on the shoulder of the last man. It's why Sancho has thrived and Nelsen is currently doing well - and Lookman last year of course.

Sebastien Haller would be good. He's got everything. Really come on at Frankfurt in the last year or so. Eight goals and six assists so far this season as well. Brands would probably know him well from his time in Holland.

Don't get the Werner shouts really. He's good but his entire game is based on running in behind. Without that I don't know if he has the skillset to really excel just yet in the Prem.

The Bundesliga is ace for those kinds of players - quick, nimble attackers who play on the shoulder of the last man. It's why Sancho has thrived and Nelsen is currently doing well - and Lookman last year of course.
Aye horses for courses
Not many English teams would cough up 25 m for Lookman , but Leipzig would because he suits their league
Same as Vlasic in Russia and Tosun in Turkey

Aye horses for courses
Not many English teams would cough up 25 m for Lookman , but Leipzig would because he suits their league
Same as Vlasic in Russia and Tosun in Turkey

I do like Werner. He's a great finisher.

I'm just not entirely sure he's the type of player we need.

I think we need someone with plenty of physicality but also a bit of pace - which is why I mentioned Haller. But Wesley would be another good example. Sure there's plenty of others. Those are the types of player we should be aiming for imo, and they wouldn't be too hard to get.

I really don’t think we’ll go for one. Silva has set his stall out with Richarlison up top and Bernard on the wing. He can’t get both in the same team with a top striker without dropping one of Walcott or Bernard. We’ve also got 25 mill Tosun unused on the bench. Considering we’re scoring freely I don’t see us moving for a striker in Jan.

I think we need a rotation type of a striker more than a star. Richarlison looks like our longterm striker solution. We only need someone who suits our team better than Tosun and poor Oumar. If we get good offers for these two, then yeah, replace them with one good player. The third striker can be DCL. But if we won't get a nice offer for Tosun, then we don't need to buy a new one, there are other positions in our squad that needs to be solved first.

But in an ideal world, we should try to get a young striker as Luka Jovic, Maxi Gomez, Patrik Schick or Sebastien Haller. Probably should be done during the next summer as Tosun will likely want to leave if he won't get playing time.

I really don’t think we’ll go for one. Silva has set his stall out with Richarlison up top and Bernard on the wing. He can’t get both in the same team with a top striker without dropping one of Walcott or Bernard. We’ve also got 25 mill Tosun unused on the bench. Considering we’re scoring freely I don’t see us moving for a striker in Jan.

I agree. We’ve already got brazil’s Number 9. Greedy us lot.

Running in behind ? You mean like Walcott x 2 , Bernard, DRKSL have done and not scored ? We are suited to that now , we have actual footballers that pass forward fast and press high up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.