Portsmouth vs Everton - 1st Dec 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when Sky Sport think we did lose 2:1, that when we normally win the game and I'd say we would give them a good thumping as well, although we only need to win by a goal to go above them!

It should be a 4-5-1 as it is away and team should be same as the Sunderland game unless we have injure!

Is good to find out our game is live on Star Sport, I should be sitting in front of my PC and watch it on sopcast!

Cahill cant play in a 4-4-2, and a 4-5-1 suits our style, end of.

Plus why drop the Yak :lol:

Cahill can play in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, all this stuff people say is BS. He's had some great games in a 4-4-2 and in a 4-5-1

And drop the Yak - yes! Firstly you can rest him for Larissa because...well...hes a lazy [Poor language removed], also he played for portsmouth, Redknapp knows his style of play as do his defenders. Also with the pressure from the fans of portsmouth who knows how he will play.

Vaughan had a great game for the reserves, scored a great goal agaisnt brimingham too using his pace. The portsmouth defence are tall strong defenders, thats why vaughan with his pace, jumping and heading ability, and anichebe with his strength and tallness is perfect....

...Its not gona happen like...if only i was manager :) ...

And Micknick - i always keep it real!! :oops: :lol: ;)

Cahill can play in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, all this stuff people say is BS. He's had some great games in a 4-4-2 and in a 4-5-1

And drop the Yak - yes! Firstly you can rest him for Larissa because...well...hes a lazy [Poor language removed], also he played for portsmouth, Redknapp knows his style of play as do his defenders. Also with the pressure from the fans of portsmouth who knows how he will play.

Vaughan had a great game for the reserves, scored a great goal agaisnt brimingham too using his pace. The portsmouth defence are tall strong defenders, thats why vaughan with his pace, jumping and heading ability, and anichebe with his strength and tallness is perfect....

...Its not gona happen like...if only i was manager :) ...

And Micknick - i always keep it real!! :oops: :lol: ;)

Cahill is a much better player playing behind the striker.

4-5-1, havent we won the last 7 games playing it?

Why change it ffs?!?

You bum Anichebe and Vaughan too much - Yak has been playing class of late.

Cahill is a much better player playing behind the striker.

4-5-1, havent we won the last 7 games playing it?

Why change it ffs?!?

You bum Anichebe and Vaughan too much - Yak has been playing class of late.

Yak has been playing class?! im sorry, no...

lets review he scored 2 goals, against the worst defence he has probably faced, and they were hardly top class. He makes no runs and doesnt do much else really. For a striker to get 2 in a match like that is good, but if it was johnson, mcfadden or vaughan/anichebe they wouldve got hattricks.

The other matches he has played in is exactly the same. Hes a good striker, mostly because of his passing ability. His best match was agaisnt derby - ahrdly the best team in the world.

And I thought I was being harsh on Yakubu.

As i say, hes good, but firstly not ideal for the portsmouth match - where was he for the chelsea match? he dissappeared!

Im still stuck with the same opinion of him when we first signed him...as soon as he does do some running when he doesnt have the ball ill be happy...for now though if were going to play a 4-5-1 i want johnson in there.

Yak has been playing class?! im sorry, no...

lets review he scored 2 goals, against the worst defence he has probably faced, and they were hardly top class. He makes no runs and doesnt do much else really. For a striker to get 2 in a match like that is good, but if it was johnson, mcfadden or vaughan/anichebe they wouldve got hattricks.

The other matches he has played in is exactly the same. Hes a good striker, mostly because of his passing ability. His best match was agaisnt derby - ahrdly the best team in the world.

He's putting the ball in the back of the net, a goal every other game is brilliant, 6 in 12.

The lad has come on leaps and bounds since the Derby game.

He's putting in the effort, looks fitter and leaner and is really settling in.

Even some people who criticised him since we signed him have said he looks much better.

He has showed qualities of a top class striker, his link up play is brilliant, his strength is astonishing, pace, power, finishing, all of it.

Chelsea game?! He was up on his own for 45 minutes and all we did was drop deep and let Chelsea pressurise us, which we were bound to do, so he was basically getting the scraps that came his way.

If you saw the Nuremburg game, he put in a brilliant shift not only for himself but for the team.

Harsh, unfair and not deserved criticism.

Na, I think the line up would be exactly the same as Sunderland:-

----------------Howard---------------------

Neville ---- Yobo ---- Lescott ---- Valente---

Pienaar --- Osman --- Carsley --- Arteta ----

-----------------Cahill----------------------

----------------Yakubu---------------------

Since we have been doing well with this formation and it is an away match against a attacking team we need to win our battle in the midfield!

Although I believe Yakubu would lose his place in the UEFA cup game on Wednesday!

I'm utterly astounded at the criticism of the Yak.

Has anyone been watching the game or is it just me lol :oops:

On the yak front, you say he scored two goals lol.

Did you see his intial first touch to arteta to set up Cahill's first? inch perfect, what about his second, started from him dropping deep and crossing the ball over to the other wing to win the original corner.

His first touch is brilliant, and he can do much more then we give him credit for.

He's putting the ball in the back of the net, a goal every other game is brilliant, 6 in 12.

The lad has come on leaps and bounds since the Derby game.

He's putting in the effort, looks fitter and leaner and is really settling in.

Even some people who criticised him since we signed him have said he looks much better.

He has showed qualities of a top class striker, his link up play is brilliant, his strength is astonishing, pace, power, finishing, all of it.

Chelsea game?! He was up on his own for 45 minutes and all we did was drop deep and let Chelsea pressurise us, which we were bound to do, so he was basically getting the scraps that came his way.

If you saw the Nuremburg game, he put in a brilliant shift not only for himself but for the team.

Harsh, unfair and not deserved criticism.

I'm utterly astounded at the criticism of the Yak.

Has anyone been watching the game or is it just me lol :oops:

On the yak front, you say he scored two goals lol.

Did you see his intial first touch to arteta to set up Cahill's first? inch perfect, what about his second, started from him dropping deep and crossing the ball over to the other wing to win the original corner.

His first touch is brilliant, and he can do much more then we give him credit for.

Ok people listen up: im criticising the yak abit - i dont hate him, i just think he can do more. Bainsey - ive said his passing is great, cahills first goal all started with the yak, i remember him making a brilliant cross to pienaar in the bolton match. But as i said in my first post in this thread - i dont think he is the type of striker we need for the portsmouth match!!

The past few games he has played well, im not denying that - but in all honesty - he could do a little bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.