Portsmouth vs Everton - 1st Dec 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good point away, when Pompey have been also having a damn good run. Lost a place cos' Rovers won but the other results went our way.

bruce is suspect is the person to ask,

just how bad was the wind today (no curry gags you noobs!) did it make accurate distance passing nigh on impossible?

portsmouth are like a highly skilled bolton, simply more class on the deck but also happy to rough it when necessary.

they were pretty much restricted to shots from range, a couple of times it was our intricate play that almost looked like putting us in.

to be fair, the wheeler-dealer has assembled a decent side, they are just a couple of fullbacks short of that next level. saying all that, a few of them are getting on - campbell - james - kanu - diop. will be interesting to see if they can progress or if they plateau. also thought the ref was a bit picky today - i know it was away but a few freekicks and especially offsides were given wrongly.

Getting a point away to what I believe is a good team is ok in my book. Positives:

1) Clean sheet
2) Solid defense
3) Didn't get complacent after last week's result
4) Moyes subs once again going for win vs. a draw.

I'd have taken that result before the match started and I'd take it now. I wouldn't be surprised if Pompey is challenging for Europe this season.

The wind was pretty bad. Howard nearly killed the mascots a few times during his warm up. He was practising his goal kicking and they veered from the centre of the pitch over to the right hand touchline where these kids were doing something or other each time. Add in the rain and it wasn't the easiest of conditions to play football.

Having said that, neither team really looked to play much football. Arteta really didn't get into the game at all until late in the second half when he got on the ball a bit more. For large chunks he was a spectator. Whether he couldn't drift inside to look for work I don't know.

Kronjkaer (sp) looked ok for them. Reminded me a bit of Arteta playing on the left and cutting in on his right foot. We shackled him well in the second half but he was a threat in the first.

A pity Ossie wasn't awake as he had a great chance when 1-on-1 with James but he couldn't control the ball and that was that. A draw was probably a fair result though.

krancjar - croatian, decent player.

conditions not optimal, at their place, point will do.

i hope arteta isnt carrying the injury he had been and just suffering through. i'd rather he is out for three weeks and we struggle than to prolong and issue.

Not a bad result considering when i looked us up at 70+ mins they'd had 10 shots to our 2 (allegedly), and taking into account Pompey's home record this season.

BTW...Saw a comment in the mail today - probably all aware, and don't know if it's been mentioned in another thread, but we haven't beaten a top of the table side this year, yet. Be nice to get a big win soon.

ps. i don't read the mail, but it was an arms distance away from my fry up in the local cafe!

tried to watch it on Sky and fell asleep, never happened before with an EFC game. When I woke up it was into the second half and we were pressing them, we played better than the prat of a commentator described but Ossie seemed woeful. I wonder if a week of having TV cameras up his arse had an effect, he revisited his old Bootle school and told the kids he was a red when he was their age, he seemed as though his mind was anywhere but on the game.

Exactly so I wish I could figure out why we were throwing long looping throw ins at them and playing long ball almost all match. Throw ins were ridiculous, no movement at all.

Agree with thios absolutely, on the other hand they played it along the deck yet the had a side of monsters.............cancelled each other out in an odd way.

Good point that for me and it carries on our good run,playing 4-5-1 as we have at chelsea and pompey we have managed a point in both games when we went 4-4-2 at villa and newcastle we came undone so moysie has been proved spot on for keeping it tight and trying to sneak the win

Status
Not open for further replies.