Poll: Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football keeps evolving and changing but at present it seems that the better teams are built on pace.
Yes, they are skilful and of course they work incredibly hard as the best players always do but they all have real pace and use it when attacking, the better teams do all of this but also have hugely creative players that can create chances from nothing.

When I saw the team that was picked against Bournemouth my reaction was that with Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson we were putting out a team that was going to be pedestrian. Gylfi was joint top scorer last season and that formed a huge part of his contribution to the team, I doubt if he has even had a shot on goal this season and when he isn't scoring regularly I question his value to a team.
Bernard, although not pacey, seems to do everything very quickly , has very good close control and is an intelligent player, I would have thought that as a no. 10 behind a striker he would create lots of problems for defenders. I am not convinced that being out wide is his best position.

I think we lack creativity at the moment in the team , the little bit of genius that carves a chance or a goal out of practically nothing because of the vision of a player.
I am not sure when we last scored a goal like that.

It is my opinion that the manager is going to be forced into making changes and adapting his team if he wants to keep his job.

He hasn't played well this season. I agree. Bar Wolves and Lincoln he has been poor.

He scored 14 goals and got seven assists last season. I don't think that's offering nothing.

At home, he tends to see more of the ball. Away from home I'm all for it changing.

Further proof that stats is his career. Take Bernard, you can see games when actually impacts the games, stretches defences goes looking for the ball, runs at people. Yes he definitely could add more to his end product but his influence far exceeds that of gylfi.

Yet he’s dropped and the walking myth retains his place, very very rarely having an impact away from home and every now and then has a good game at goodison. And somehow that is now acceptable, a so called influential player having a 1-5 good game ratio

He should not be played and should be told that he’s now an option off the bench.....if he’s lucky

Further proof that stats is his career. Take Bernard, you can see games when actually impacts the games, stretches defences goes looking for the ball, runs at people. Yes he definitely could add more to his end product but his influence far exceeds that of gylfi.

Yet he’s dropped and the walking myth retains his place, very very rarely having an impact away from home and every now and then has a good game at goodison. And somehow that is now acceptable, a so called influential player having a 1-5 good game ratio

He should not be played and should be told that he’s now an option off the bench.....if he’s lucky

'stats'

You mean scoring and creating goals?

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Digne
Delph Gomes
Richy Iwobi
DCL Kean

Would love to see a 4-2-2-2 or even just a straight 4-4-2. Figured the first formation would give Richy and Bernard to move a bit more freely in the middle where they do their best work to me. Have the skills player in open space with Delph and Gomes holding down the middle. Think the two up front would compliment each other very well

I’d take half last seasons stats for a decent player who turns up for most games and actually improves the way we play. Instead he impedes is 80% of the time and scores a consolation to keep the myth going

There's no changing your mind.

I'm not arguing he's played well this season. I'm just pointing out we don't really play to his strengths.

You have this obsession he goes hiding, when it's clear he's following the manager's instructions.

Against Wolves, those instructions were get wide. Our midfielders actually got the ball into him and, surprise surprise, he had a good game.

It feels like a good game to give Sidibe and Davies a run.

I'm hoping we see a change in shape in midfield. We won't but I hope we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.