Poll: Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

Your starting 11 v Sheffield United

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gomes is fit he returns in place of Schneiderlin. I would drop Sigurdsson and bring in Bernard. I would try Iwobi through the middle and Bernard on the wing if that doesn't work swap them round. Kean for DCL as I prefer what DCL offers from the bench and whoever I picked would be getting subbed on the hour mark.

He had 1 good game in 5, he’s had a handful of good games in 2 and a half years, both home and away. Any other a player would be rightfully dropped, he adds nothing to the game unless it’s going his way.

He’s a passenger and a complete waste of time. He should be nowhere near our team and we should not try and shoehorn him in for the sake of it.

People are obsessed with a very average player

He makes stuff happen in the final third, mainly at home. The system we work with at home is working. It doesn't need tearing up. We saw a perfect example of how it worked going forward v Wolves (a team who play a similar style to Sheff Utd).

For away games, I'm happy for it be torn up.

If Gylfi gets dropped, along with pretty much four-five others, he can have zero complaints. But it's not broken at home and he has played well in our good run there. And given who we're playing and how we're likely to get success on Saturday, he should probably be utilised.

That’s clearly not true, unless injuries or suspensions hit.

11 same players made over 40 appearances last year

Yes it is true. I have the misfortune of having to watch them loads for work.

They alternate right-backs a fair bit. They alternate midfielders too. Keita has been injured which has meant they've not done as much of that so far this season but Oxlade-C/Henderson/Milner have alternated a fair bit.

City constantly change. It can be done. A squad should be able to fit into a few systems and a few ways of playing. It should just be like riding a bike.

We already have two ways of playing anyway. We have our high-press home style, which is more about counter-attacks really. And then this crap kind of hybrid away thing which is half the team set up to receive long balls yet our back half just pass it sideways for five minutes. Seems clear to me which needs to change.

He makes stuff happen in the final third, mainly at home. The system we work with at home is working. It doesn't need tearing up. We saw a perfect example of how it worked going forward v Wolves (a team who play a similar style to Sheff Utd).

For away games, I'm happy for it be torn up.

If Gylfi gets dropped, along with pretty much four-five others, he can have zero complaints. But it's not broken at home and he has played well in our good run there. And given who we're playing and how we're likely to get success on Saturday, he should probably be utilised.

Utter bollocks, he’ll create things when the game is going his way.

He’s been horrendous for around 80% of the time he’s been here, please stop trying to pretend you’re seeing things which others don’t.

He simply doesn’t deserve to be in the team, he offers nothing

Yes it is true. I have the misfortune of having to watch them loads for work.

They alternate right-backs a fair bit. They alternate midfielders too. Keita has been injured which has meant they've not done as much of that so far this season but Oxlade-C/Henderson/Milner have alternated a fair bit.

City constantly change. It can be done. A squad should be able to fit into a few systems and a few ways of playing. It should just be like riding a bike.

We already have two ways of playing anyway. We have our high-press home style, which is more about counter-attacks really. And then this crap kind of hybrid away thing which is half the team set up to receive long balls yet our back half just pass it sideways for five minutes. Seems clear to me which needs to change.

Alison
TAA
Van Djik
Robertson
Henderson
Mane
Salah
Firmino

They all play the majority of games, TAA had an injury last year so was replaced, Gomez the same.

Kieta has been a disaster and Fabinho took a while to settle. 8/9 out of 11 are guaranteed starters, yes he may make the odd change but you can almost guarantee the starting lineup every game

Sheff United away form is great.

Wilder knows just how to set his teams up

We struggle against well drilled tight units.

Going to be an interesting game this

Im assuming Gomes is Injured and Delph is fit.
Pickford
Usual back 4
Davies...if he can't play the harrier and chaser Vs these like he did for England he can't against anybody - replace/sell.
Richarlson Delph Bernard Iwobi
Kean

That’s clearly not true, unless injuries or suspensions hit.

11 same players made over 40 appearances last year
The post by @BlueToff is a joke. We all know them 3 teams have been consistent in there team selections. Spurs have had a lot change the last 12 months. Due to age, injuries and players leaving. But the front 4 of Kane, Son, Ali and Eriksen. Their back 5 was always the same to. Maybe Rose & Davies would rotate. And dier & dembele was the midfield.

City 4 of their back 5 has been the same all last season. Stones was the other and kompany took his place the 2nd half of the season. Silva & Fernandinho in midfield. De Bruyne would have been in every week to had he fit and Sterling and Aguero Bernardo ever present. Aguero has started to be rotated Witt Jesus a bit more, due to his age and he’s constantly picking up injuries.

All these teams rotate in the league cup & fa cup. Champs league dead rubber. And in the odd league game against a bottom team. But like Chris says barring injuries they have the same 10/11 players in all what they would consider their most important games.

Anyone who thinks changing players and formations every week or even 1 in 3 is a good idea. Has only just started watching football. Go back in history the proof is there.

Take wolves last year no injuries same 11 every week. All ready this season changing the team because of Europe, got a few injuries and results aren’t going well.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Delph Gomes
Richarlison Iwobi Bernard
Kean

Gilfi hasn't shown anything this season so start Iwobi there and perhaps let him and Bernard switch about a bit.
Kean must start
The system is working at home, so don't mess with it.

Utter bollocks, he’ll create things when the game is going his way.

He’s been horrendous for around 80% of the time he’s been here, please stop trying to pretend you’re seeing things which others don’t.

He simply doesn’t deserve to be in the team, he offers nothing

He hasn't played well this season. I agree. Bar Wolves and Lincoln he has been poor.

He scored 14 goals and got seven assists last season. I don't think that's offering nothing.

At home, he tends to see more of the ball. Away from home I'm all for it changing.

The post by @BlueToff is a joke. We all know them 3 teams have been consistent in there team selections. Spurs have had a lot change the last 12 months. Due to age, injuries and players leaving. But the front 4 of Kane, Son, Ali and Eriksen. Their back 5 was always the same to. Maybe Rose & Davies would rotate. And dier & dembele was the midfield.

City 4 of their back 5 has been the same all last season. Stones was the other and kompany took his place the 2nd half of the season. Silva & Fernandinho in midfield. De Bruyne would have been in every week to had he fit and Sterling and Aguero Bernardo ever present. Aguero has started to be rotated Witt Jesus a bit more, due to his age and he’s constantly picking up injuries.

All these teams rotate in the league cup & fa cup. Champs league dead rubber. And in the odd league game against a bottom team. But like Chris says barring injuries they have the same 10/11 players in all what they would consider their most important games.

Anyone who thinks changing players and formations every week or even 1 in 3 is a good idea. Has only just started watching football. Go back in history the proof is there.

Take wolves last year no injuries same 11 every week. All ready this season changing the team because of Europe, got a few injuries and results aren’t going well.

My point is that a squad should be able to deal with 2-3 changes a week and those changes should be able to implement a different system/way of playing.

It doesn't necessarily mean a change in formation.

It definitely won’t be that team, iwobi and Richarlison aren’t conventional wide players in a 442. Tosun won’t play and Coleman should be dropped he’s been awful.

what sign does that send to sidibe. It ok the guy in your position has been pants, but we are still picking him. Sidibe and his agent will be looking for a new loan come January.

Erm, not sure he can do that contractually.

Status
Not open for further replies.