POLL: Should Silva be sacked as Everton Manager after today's defeat?

Should Silva be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 776 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 61 6.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 42 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going down, I'm preparing myself while he's in charge and to think I actually tipped us for top 4, haha, how fooled was I by those end of season results. Shame on me.

My son is just starting to show an interest in footy but how can I realistically show him Everton and make him proud of that shower.

Quite easy to see why kids want to become RS nowadays, damning us for yet another generation

Koeman was sacked for less, results wise. Koeman faced most of the top sides in a terrible fixture run that included Europa qualifiers and group games. Silva has faced one top side, no Europa games and has had us beaten by the three newly promoted teams. He is clueless at this point.

Any newly appointed manager is on a hiding to nothing, our next month is on par with the kind of fixtures Koeman was sacked for not getting enough points in. The xmas fixture congestion is a problem all clubs face but really won't help us at all, especially with the cup game in there that we desperately need to win.

The time to sack him was a month ago, the writing was on the wall. A new manager would have had time to get his team drilled and some confidence built and I believe more points on the board. The coming fixtures would always look daunting but a lot less than right now after having been handed our rse against Norwich at home. What decent manager would want to jump in now? And if they delayed until after the City game in January we could be looking at Allardyce again, only at twice the price.

I could point at what Moshiri should have done, and what he has done wrong but I don't think pointing out the numerous errors in judgement is going to help. I don't have the answers and I don't think many have. Sacking Silva (which I am in support of) only opens up another can of worms.

There really is only one man that I can think of that could make us difficult to beat and slowly help us climb the table, if we could convince him. He would need decent investment in players and a fanbase that would look forward and give him some time. Benitez wouldn't be too difficult to lure if we guarantee decent player investment, and he is a top manager despite what people might say. Before the likes of Arsenal get him, we should be making it happen.

If we keep Silva we will be in the relegation zone by xmas and attracting players in January will be very difficult if not impossible. With a top manager and some gritty performances in December, the right purchases in January could see us grab a European place by winning the League cup.

Over to you Moshiri and IMO it's time to let Kenwright become just a fan, thanks for your work Bill enjoy your retirement.

My son is just starting to show an interest in footy but how can I realistically show him Everton and make him proud of that shower.

Quite easy to see why kids want to become RS nowadays, damning us for yet another generation
My brother diverted his boy to sailing when he was young to avoid the Everton blight. Now young Charlie is a grown man living in Poole designing multi million dollar yachts for oil sheiks and banging every bit of fit skirt on the south coast.

Buy the lad an optimist dinghy

Status
Not open for further replies.