Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at one stage moyes may well have been coming in short term.
Ancelotti no doubt an opportunity Mosh and Usmanov seized on.

Well whatever happened, I'm just glad Moshiri went after the obvious standout candidate.

Although I suspect he had zero interest in getting Moyes. It would have been done in a couple of days if he was the one they wanted.

Dont hate him. He was a couple of signings we could not afford, away from success with us. We played some great stuff the media never gave us credit for. However when he left his ego got out of control, referred to himself in the third person. Man U had banners saying the chosen one and he believed it. Thanks Dave but you were the right man at the right time. You would attract no player of significance. Bye for good.

He spent four years running the club into the ground to preserve his own reputation. He perpetuated the "knife to a gunfight" myth to hide his own failings as his tenure here progressed.

Bringing him back would have been the most horrifying thing imaginable the club could do and I would have walked away from the club for good.

He spent four years running the club into the ground to preserve his own reputation. He perpetuated the "knife to a gunfight" myth to hide his own failings as his tenure here progressed.

Bringing him back would have been the most horrifying thing imaginable the club could do and I would have walked away from the club for good.
No you would not :)

We came very close Tim, very close indeed.

If Carlo said no I think we were in big, big trouble.

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

But I do find it hard to fathom how any decision can ever be between David Moyes and Carlo Ancelotti.

But it is finished for Moyes here now. If he was ever coming back it was this time. Lock thread. Move on. I'm gonna continue to assume he was never a credible candidate.

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

But I do find it hard to fathom how any decision can ever be between David Moyes and Carlo Ancelotti.

But it is finished for Moyes here now. If he was ever coming back it was this time. Lock thread. Move on. I'm gonna continue to assume he was never a credible candidate.

Just what ive read and what the drums tell me Tim.

Take it with as much salt needed.

But yeah Moyes or Ancelotti can kinda see why its so hard to believe.

Not for me. I think it would only be the knee jerkers, who are incapable of playing themselves, would react. Plenty of lard arses here willing to put the boot in.

Theres people putting the boot into Ancelotti mate, Duncan wouldnt have stood a chance, you watch the first game we lose with Carlo, out of their rocks with the "I told you so".

I think as soon as Duncan lost a game, the tide would have turned and turned very quickly.
Definitely think the pressure would have built if he'd have lost but also think he'd have rode the storm till at least March. Thankfully we don't have to worry now....that being said we're certainly still right in the mire. Hopefully this next couple of months The Don can get us playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.