Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am delighted that we have got Ancelotti , but still don't get the hatred for Moyes. I wish him no ill will at all

Remember when he left after being given a thoroughly undeserved heroes send-off, then came back for Baines and Fellaini with pitiful offers and said the club should accept because we'd be holding them back if we didn't and it was unfair to do so?

Yeah, that.

Remember when he left after being given a thoroughly undeserved heroes send-off, then came back for Baines and Fellaini with pitiful offers and said the club should accept because we'd be holding them back if we didn't and it was unfair to do so?

Yeah, that.
Where they his fault? Did he really go to Manchester United, the champions and be in sole charge of transfer policy and offers.
Regardless, there is no reason to care now for us, it's all this holding grudges stuff that makes our fan base so poor these days.
Just look at Arteta, soon as we signed Carlo some idiots on Twiitter tried spreading the words of a Carlo song that had derogatory stuff about Arteta in, its pathetic needless witch hunting.

Moyes did nothing wrong, if anyone thinks he did please link me to where they complained about Marco going back to Watford for Richarlison.

I accepted having him back not because I wanted him but because I thought no one of good credentials would think about joining this team as bad as us this season but we've somehow pulled Ancelotti out of no where so happy days.

Moyes did nothing wrong, if anyone thinks he did please link me to where they complained about Marco going back to Watford for Richarlison.

They are very different circumstances, in all honesty.

Moyes placed a bid which Everton described as "derisory and insulting" for 2 of our key players, 48 hours before our first home game.

When he was our manager, Moyes was on record as stating that he resented big clubs throwing their weight around and unsettling/ruining our starts to the season (e.g. Lescott with Man City).

Yet, despite the fact that we looked after Moyes a great deal (we even continued to pay his wages whilst he "unofficially" started work at Utd), he repaid us by trying to do exactly what he always spoke out against, pretty much as soon as he left.

He then also had the nerve to say Everton should have sold Fellaini and Baines for the pitful sums offered - "I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players."

By contrast, Silva/Everton placed a fair bid for Richarlison which was negotiated but ultimately accepted by Watford. That was just decent business for all concerned.

Managers have to act in their clubs best interest, and Moyes had moved on. However, this was still a shady and disrespectful way to operate and Moyes shouldn't (and probably won't) expect that Everton fans would welcome him back just because it hasn't worked out for him elsewhere.

He had terms and conditions agreed.
I genuinely don't know if he was ever the first choice but since September, he had been getting kept warm by Bill.

The day we sacked Silva he attended Everton London offices to finalise the terms and was essentially waiting for the call.

Its staggering to believe we have ended up with Carlo when Moyes was so far down the line.

Reckon Moshiri finally played his marker and thank god he did.

He had terms and conditions agreed.
I genuinely don't know if he was ever the first choice but since September, he had been getting kept warm by Bill.

The day we sacked Silva he attended Everton London offices to finalise the terms and was essentially waiting for the call.

Its staggering to believe we have ended up with Carlo when Moyes was so far down the line.

Reckon Moshiri finally played his marker and thank god he did.

I struggle to believe Moyes was ever an option. It makes utterly no sense for Moyes to be your back up to Ancelotti.

Yeah, that.
Dont hate him. He was a couple of signings we could not afford, away from success with us. We played some great stuff the media never gave us credit for. However when he left his ego got out of control, referred to himself in the third person. Man U had banners saying the chosen one and he believed it. Thanks Dave but you were the right man at the right time. You would attract no player of significance. Bye for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.