Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelling this season doesn't end this question though. It is unlikely crowds will be allowed back before 2021, so next year has to have a decision made too. At some point empty stadium games are going to be necessary to keep football going. I know people are going to say it is clubs being greedy, but no business can survive forever without making money.

Surely there's a difference between playing some games with and some without fans in the same season though. Playing without fans is usually used as a punishment which obviously effects the home team to a greater extent. There's absolutely no chance of playing with fans this season and no fairness in playing without. Also, watching a pile of games played in empty stadiums on the telly sounds crap. TV, the Premier League and sponsors have way too much clout and if this whole horrible situation we are currently in as a planet proves anything it is that footballers and TV pundits are of little use in the grand scheme of things when the going gets tough (unless you want to watch them playing keepy uppy with a bog roll on 'tinternet). If they want to bring joy to the masses there's a clear and obvious choice, and I'm sure our red brethren would be more than willing to allow that to happen for the greater good of the country as a whole, just void it.

As good as null and void would be, it simply won't happen. Money talks sadly.

I'd rather the RS win the league at some random place behind closed doors than them winning the league at Goodison.
Was not happening at Goodison anyway and the games are suppose to be in the order theye were in when called off,so the Derby would be 1st game etc

I think they're going to need to make concessions. Whether that means reducing the staff down for each team, cutting the production to a few cameras, having announcers do it remotely or whatever else, they surely can figure out a way to reduce a 300 number down for something that by my math only really needs to have about 50-70 to make happen.

You can do all that Iggy but at heart there is one insurmountable problem.

Whether you have 600 people or 60 people in the stadium, the most important 22 people there....the players....cannot possibly “socially distance” themselves.

They are in very close proximity to each other for the entire 90 minutes.

Imagine a corner kick and all the shenanigans that go on when a corner is taken these days :Blink:

Whether you have 600 people or 60 people in the stadium, the most important 22 people there....the players....cannot possibly “socially distance” themselves.

Imagine a corner kick and all the shenanigans that go on when a corner is taken these days :Blink:
Glorified shooties it is then...

I just don't see how this can work. How can the public still be under a lockdown (or some form of it) and social distancing yet football is able to have 22 blokes running about doing the total opposite. Every other sport in the land/world has just accepted the current situation, even F1 which has off the scale levels of money involved within it, everyone except football which seems to just think the law and normality does'nt apply to it. I actually hate football at the moment, and don't even get me started on the various players breaking the lockdown.

We're talking about the point when extreme social distancing is over. Obviously right now sporting events can't go on. That will change in the future at some point, but the point where stadiums can fill up is even further off.

Status
Not open for further replies.