Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with each day that goes by this idea moves further away, its been reported by the BBC that they are no longer considering neutral venues, it will be home and away, just behind closed doors. I would imagine that there would have to be serious policing outside stadiums to enforce that, regardless of clubs saying that their fans will stay away. they wont all stay away. I know Joe Anderson got shouted down but I agree with him, if the season resumes, the day Liverpool lift the title there will be thousands outside Anfield. The same as if it was us winning it or almost any team in the league, with the possible exception of Man City, because they won it last season and the season before.

The big thing is that premierleague clubs are possibly going to miss out on £340m in prize money, because of the unaired games, even if they are played behind closed doors. If that's true I dont see any sense in playing the games

Totally agree £340m for the league to repay works out at £17m each club, most premier league clubs have at least lost that on bad signings especially us ,even the bottom of the table side gets at least £100m TV money so i,m sure they can take a hit of £17m.

I think with each day that goes by this idea moves further away, its been reported by the BBC that they are no longer considering neutral venues, it will be home and away, just behind closed doors. I would imagine that there would have to be serious policing outside stadiums to enforce that, regardless of clubs saying that their fans will stay away. they wont all stay away. I know Joe Anderson got shouted down but I agree with him, if the season resumes, the day Liverpool lift the title there will be thousands outside Anfield. The same as if it was us winning it or almost any team in the league, with the possible exception of Man City, because they won it last season and the season before.

The big thing is that premierleague clubs are possibly going to miss out on £340m in prize money, because of the unaired games, even if they are played behind closed doors. If that's true I dont see any sense in playing the games

Not the worst idea I've heard, not that I've thought about it for more than ten seconds, but it would compromise the integrity of next season. It would also
need to be started from where this season left off and in exactly the same format. Day one Everton v Liverpool.
Kind of see the Compromise argument but, in all probability most people are past the point of worrying too much about this season.

Promotion and relegation look compromised by the time factors

European competition this year and next are equally difficult to resolve

It seems to me most are struggling to agree how to finish this season whereas many more are worrying about long term issues

If twelve months worth of competition are affected by this then it's also ok to roll things over and create a two year cycle to complete one year's worth of competition

There is no way they could have the RS playing their home games mate, imagine the RS only have to draw or beat X team at Anfield to win the league, there is no way the RS fans are going to stay away.
I heard that if large crowds gather outside stadiums in Germany that games will be abandoned. Great idea, I thought, that'll solve the problem.

Then, it occurred to me. Imagine Everton are playing Liverpool and leading 2-0 at half time. Can you imagine the kopites rushing to Goodison and the
screaming mob causing mayhem in Goodison Rd?

I heard that if large crowds gather outside stadiums in Germany that games will be abandoned. Great idea, I thought, that'll solve the problem.

Then, it occurred to me. Imagine Everton are playing Liverpool and leading 2-0 at half time. Can you imagine the kopites rushing to Goodison and the

Lost me at being 2-0 up v Liverpool

Probably an unlikely scoreline but unfortunately their supporters have been guilty of a lot worse behaviour .

Actually, had life taken a different path I would have been arriving at Goodison for the Bournemouth match right now. The last match I went to was 2-1
v Watford in 2006. Ah well, maybe next season.

Just watching the 5 minute highlights of Dortmund v Shalke... switched off, didn't even get thought it.

Football without fans is just pointless. I was all for Project Restart, but changed my opinion today.

Got me thinking. We've realistically nothing left to play for. The summer weather is on the way.... Will I end up feeling the same about our remaining fixtures and not even bothering with them?

Just watching the 5 minute highlights of Dortmund v Shalke... switched off, didn't even get thought it.

Football without fans is just pointless. I was all for Project Restart, but changed my opinion today.

Got me thinking. We've realistically nothing left to play for. The summer weather is on the way.... Will I end up feeling the same about our remaining fixtures and not even bothering with them?

Oh it is laughable... they wear masks, and sit 3-4 seats apart in the stadium, they warm up 2m apart, but then man handle each other in the box?
Tell me that makes sense?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.