6 + 2 Point Deductions

Few things...no one is defending Mosh. It's a [Poor language removed] show.

Yes. He blagged it. But within the rules to do so.

But we have not lied or been dishonest. We've stretched and pushed the limit of the rules (the 'good faith' they keep repeating).

If we'd have lied we'd be on a charge for falsifying accounts and not explaining over zealous calculations and what's acceptable.

We've not been dragged over hot coals for our COVID losses, been ripped to shreds about how outlandish they are. These are the points you keep making out to prove that we should be deducted 10 points

But that's not been the case. Everything they reviewed amounted to £19mill over the threshold. That's it.

And with that there's a case to appeal IMO. But your view is that we deserve the 10
It wasn't within the rules. That is why it wasn't allowed. That is why we dropped it at the pre-trial.

As for lying or being dishonest, the club stated that the Stadium loans were interest-bearing. They were not.

The club stated that the Metro and media rights loans were for the Stadium so we could add the interest paid to our permissible deductions. They did that knowing that the terms of the loan were freely available as a download from companies house. Absolute amateur hour.

At the pre-trial the club dropped the COVID loss argument. So why are you even bringing it up.

Going almost 20% over permissible losses is a serious breach. A points deduction was inevitable. Moshiri had ample opportunity to get us within P&S rules. He chose not to. The aggravating issues of misleading the PL is why we got a harsher punishment.

Agree. 2 different scenarios.

We have admitted to the offence so its resolved quicker.

City have a lot more charges and are denying them all. Its going to take a lot longer to get through that case. Im sure if they said yes we admit everything it would be wrapped up like ours.

Kicking off over nothing at the minute. Now if they do get convicted and the punishment is pathetic, then we can kick off.

Totally agree mate

As a Newcastle fan, I'm no fan of the PL or the 6 scabs after blocking our takeover for 18 months, but if this is the end of it I think you've got off lightly given the context of the three sides who came up this year. You'll easily escape the drop on recent form. What will be the difference between finishing, say, 15th and 10th when in a year from now you'll still be playing PL football in a magnificent new stadium?
We've got off lightly? We? You're the one who got an unregulatable bonesaw-wielding, human rights-abusing assassin in the door at your club and we've got off lightly? That's the funniest contribution from Geordieland since "I'd love it if we beat you!" resounded across the world.

Last edited:

We've got off lightly? We? You're the one who got an unregulatable bonesaw-wielding, human rights-absuing assassin in the door at your club and we've got off lightly? That's the funniest contribution from Geordieland since "I'd love it if we beat you!" resounded across the world.
No matter you've been assessed a penalty unlike any other and for dubious reasons, you can afford it. Be grateful.

Sake, that fella.

This is the email I sent to him

[Poor language removed]/Richard

Sorry about the name confusion but I don't know which moniker you go by as I have not had the displeasure of meeting you.

As a staunch Evertonian of almost 40 years I would like to say that your organisation is the most unjust disgraceful and impartial company in operation. Ratners, P&O and Enron have nothing on you and your crew. I watched the seminal film All the President's Men on Thursday night and immediately thought of the outright corruption and cover up when your ahem "independent comission" delivered their verdict yesterday.

You didn't even have the balls to make the decision yourself you hid behind someone else like the time that fat oaf Eamonn Holmes cowered behind a female presenter when Fathers 4 Justice stormed a TV audio.

I would love to know your explanation of how a single breach of the rules results in a disgracefully disproportionate and draconian punishment of a 10 point deduction.

How has a club who have breached the rules over one hundred times and have consistently and wilfully obstructed the process avoided a hearing let alone an actual verdict?

How can you select an independent comission that includes the chair who is an avid Leeds United fan? This is a club who were relegated last season and who wrote the letter which resulted in this entire kangaroo court being set up in the first place.

How can you conclude that no sporting advantage has been gained but then administer a sporting sanction?

How can you charge a club and then decide to introduce new rules before the hearing has been heard?

I hope you see my email and no doubt the countless others that my fellow fans have sent but I am sure this address is monitored by some poor sap who takes the flak and ire that should be directed at you.

I eagerly await your measured and intelligent response.

Yours Faithfully

Rollo
I sent one not as good but it bounced back. Either that or he’s blocked me! 😄

It wasn't within the rules. That is why it wasn't allowed. That is why we dropped it at the pre-trial.

As for lying or being dishonest, the club stated that the Stadium loans were interest-bearing. They were not.

The club stated that the Metro and media rights loans were for the Stadium so we could add the interest paid to our permissible deductions. They did that knowing that the terms of the loan were freely available as a download from companies house. Absolute amateur hour.

At the pre-trial the club dropped the COVID loss argument. So why are you even bringing it up.

Going almost 20% over permissible losses is a serious breach. A points deduction was inevitable. Moshiri had ample opportunity to get us within P&S rules. He chose not to. The aggravating issues of misleading the PL is why we got a harsher punishment.
You are wasting your time. Some folks simply want to blame the Premier League rather than take a good look at those responsible for the investigation in the first place. They also don't seem to understand that we accepted we were at fault and that our mitigating factors were largely b/s and the panel saw through them.

The fact we lost 120M or thereabouts in 3 years doesn't seem to trouble them either. It's really remarkable that this has now become the acceptable threshold for running a football club.

Not sure it works like that, you were in the division so would presumably still be culpable. Maybe it does, no idea tbh.
Well I could be wrong but logically we could've only occupied one relegation spot in the last two seasons so if they attempted to make us compensate more than one relegated team for their relegation I imagine even our legal team could make mincemeat of it. There may be more than one claim awarded, but that would be surely be lesser sums for prize money.

giphy.gif

💙
Look at the smile on his face

I can’t get over that it was only August 10th when they specified what the penalties could be. Surely if you make a new rule and tell clubs they have to adhere to it, you have to also tell them in advance precisely what will happen if you fall foul of it.

No matter you've been assessed a penalty unlike any other and for dubious reasons, you can afford it. Be grateful.

Sake, that fella.
What punishment should Saudicastle get for lying to the Premier League about PIF being basically an extension of the state. Something that was admitted in the LIV golf case in America.