6 + 2 Point Deductions

The problem with going in hard on the original panel and their impartiality is that the appeals panel will likely be made up of their pals from the golf club or wherever. These types always look after their own.
Then we make a song and dance about it now.. have it so none of their mates are willing to go anywhere near a panel.. a proper impartial panel for the appeal.

It would be impossible to work out who has been wronged, you’re correct. Here again the report is stupid. Opens the door to third party legal complaints but clearly states no sporting advantage, and no deliberate attempt to breach. So what possible legal complaint could there be.

Bit of sour grapes because it’s us being punished, so bound to say the report is unfair. The issue is the report/penalty is contradictory and doesn’t look like it’s been out together by anyone at all who applied any common sense at all. I don’t buy in to the “out to get Everton” stuff, it’s just pure incompetence.

Leicester romping back to the PL anyway 👍
The whole sporting advantage thing is moot, as the fact you tried is the point and not if you succeeded, so the only way to punish is due to breaking the rules, and this they did and Everton concurred I think?

To me, it’s likely finished, and you will probably be out the relegation zone next game anyway.

I don't know why people are fuming about us being punished and city not.

The city one isn't finished yet. Ours is.

Now they have seen the punishment, city will be very very worried. Thiers will obviously dwarf ours.
Or they'll be a Government regulator by then and the City Owners will have a word with the government and escape any punishment. Chelsea more likely to get done I think.

Now they have seen the punishment, city will be very very worried. Thiers will obviously dwarf ours.

Agree. 2 different scenarios.

We have admitted to the offence so its resolved quicker.

City have a lot more charges and are denying them all. Its going to take a lot longer to get through that case. Im sure if they said yes we admit everything it would be wrapped up like ours.

Kicking off over nothing at the minute. Now if they do get convicted and the punishment is pathetic, then we can kick off.

Perhaps so and it seems very targeted, but if it took 1-2 years to act against your paltry one charge, it will surely take an eternity for anything meaningful to appear against the ‘big boys’.

Am a Leicester City fan, but I just cannot see how you end up having to pay anything to us,Leeds, etc, etc as compensation, I mean where does it end? Who missed out on Europe? Who would have won the FA cup? It’s all really mucky and unpleasant.
Agree that the compensation would be a massive can of worms to open, but then with the massive points deduction they've opened another so who knows?

In any case, given the breach is for the 21/22 season I suspect if they were inclined to award compensation for relegation Burnley's claim would take precedence. In which case Leicester's claim fails anyway as we wouldn't have been in the division last season so would've been irrelevant to the relegation battle.

This is the email I sent to him

[Poor language removed]/Richard

Sorry about the name confusion but I don't know which moniker you go by as I have not had the displeasure of meeting you.

As a staunch Evertonian of almost 40 years I would like to say that your organisation is the most unjust disgraceful and impartial company in operation. Ratners, P&O and Enron have nothing on you and your crew. I watched the seminal film All the President's Men on Thursday night and immediately thought of the outright corruption and cover up when your ahem "independent comission" delivered their verdict yesterday.

You didn't even have the balls to make the decision yourself you hid behind someone else like the time that fat oaf Eamonn Holmes cowered behind a female presenter when Fathers 4 Justice stormed a TV audio.

I would love to know your explanation of how a single breach of the rules results in a disgracefully disproportionate and draconian punishment of a 10 point deduction.

How has a club who have breached the rules over one hundred times and have consistently and wilfully obstructed the process avoided a hearing let alone an actual verdict?

How can you select an independent comission that includes the chair who is an avid Leeds United fan? This is a club who were relegated last season and who wrote the letter which resulted in this entire kangaroo court being set up in the first place.

How can you conclude that no sporting advantage has been gained but then administer a sporting sanction?

How can you charge a club and then decide to introduce new rules before the hearing has been heard?

I hope you see my email and no doubt the countless others that my fellow fans have sent but I am sure this address is monitored by some poor sap who takes the flak and ire that should be directed at you.

I eagerly await your measured and intelligent response.

Yours Faithfully

Rollo

Do you really think Richard Masters and his fellow porkers at the Premier League - oh, sorry - the "independent" panel will risk the wrath of people who chop up critics with bonesaws in Turkish consulates? Man City and Newcastle are run by kleptocratic, authoritarian, human rights-abusing states. There will be no sanction for these clubs. Chelsea would be an easier target now the Russian mafia have moved on. Apparently.

As a Newcastle fan, I'm no fan of the PL or the 6 scabs after blocking our takeover for 18 months, but if this is the end of it I think you've got off lightly given the context of the three sides who came up this year. You'll easily escape the drop on recent form. What will be the difference between finishing, say, 15th and 10th when in a year from now you'll still be playing PL football in a magnificent new stadium?

Agree that the compensation would be a massive can of worms to open, but then with the massive points deduction they've opened another so who knows?

In any case, given the breach is for the 21/22 season I suspect if they were inclined to award compensation for relegation Burnley's claim would take precedence. In which case Leicester's claim fails anyway as we wouldn't have been in the division last season so would've been irrelevant to the relegation battle.
Not sure it works like that, you were in the division so would presumably still be culpable. Maybe it does, no idea tbh.

Financial irregularities other than administration have always been a fine. Manchester United were fined no more than 4 months ago by UEFA for breaking FFP.. not a single point deducted from them in their champions league group.. this whole thing stinks...the pasted link shows 6 teams fined this year for financial irregularities.

I assume that this has already been posted (haven’t read all 100+ pages!).

As @Efcjake mentioned I don’t think many of us think the club are innocent of trying to mess with the rules - just that no mitigating factors/cooperative behviour seems to have been considered and the punishment is disproportionate given the offenses and in the context of other club‘s fines.