6 + 2 Point Deductions

A breach in rules has been made , it has been proven and even admitted.
This is unquestionable.

What is questionable is the severity of the punishment.
It is totally unprecedented and seen as the authorities making an example of the club as a warning to other clubs that fall foul of the rules and not what should have been a straight forward less severe punishment.

Scapegoats R US.

Agreed but didn't the report say Everton got no sporting advantage ? If so there shouldn't possibly be any sporting penalty, such as a points deduction, which will mean nothing at all to an owner that has practically sold us anyway. It should have been a massive fine that Moshiri and Co had to pay, not the club.

EVERYONE knows the score is here: it was a politically driven decision to make Everton carry the can for the PL's decades of deregulation.
Most definitely.

They couldn't believe their luck , a club in turmoil, not too big as to cause a stink & not too small as to make a mark.

The clubs reputation of being a Soft Touch hasn't helped either.

Once again this has been left to the fans to drag this club through and ensure our safety yet again.
I’m all for banners, protests, whatever it takes.
We also need to make sure these players are up for it as well. These are a decent team, it’s not their fault. They need to know they have our backing.
We need Goodison Road blocked off with blues with pyro and chanting, Goodison needs to be hell for visiting teams. As usual it’s down to us fans to drag this club over the line.
Maybe some of the leftover cash from the banner fund can purchase said pyro and a collection point be arranged.
Everyone hates us, we need to let them know we don’t care.

EVERYONE knows the score is here: it was a politically driven decision to make Everton carry the can for the PL's decades of deregulation.
We need the King of being targeted by politcally-driven witchhunts to help us with this one.

2022-10-02T020355Z_1812565436_RC2NSW98C9TN_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP.jpg

With some of the statements released in this report.. "no allegation of dishonesty" "gained no sporting advantage" surly the whole lot will be punted with an appeal..
"No sporting advantage" is the key element of the whole thing. I think we could justifiably argue that gaining no sporting advantage should not be punished with a sporting disadvantage. The talk is of reducing the points penalty but on that basis we could argue for a different form of punishment entirely.

The question then is whether it could be a case of "careful what you wish for" because the more appropriate sanction is probably a significant transfer embargo, and that that could be significantly more damaging than even 10 points, given the depth of the squad, the contracts expiring and the likelihood next season's league will be tougher.

It isnt just this. Its been ongoing for years. Almost every game is the same biased anti Everton ref decisions. It began in earnest around the formation of the PL and the need to keep a few clubs at the top of everything: pL and Champions Lge, for marketing reasons. Then theres the lobbying of the neighbours who didnt get their way with Super League and the alternative? 1 team for the city of Liverpool. Masters and LFC….

Once again this has been left to the fans to drag this club through and ensure our safety yet again.
I’m all for banners, protests, whatever it takes.
We also need to make sure these players are up for it as well. These are a decent team, it’s not their fault. They need to know they have our backing.
We need Goodison Road blocked off with blues with pyro and chanting, Goodison needs to be hell for visiting teams. As usual it’s down to us fans to drag this club over the line.
Maybe some of the leftover cash from the banner fund can purchase said pyro and a collection point be arranged.
Everyone hates us, we need to let them know we don’t care.
IMO - and as Ilve stated - I don't see how we get safe from here for reason's outlined already.

I'd support the club if they were to lead the attack against the PL by doing all manner of things: stopping their cameras entering Goodison Park, conducting all their media to the outside world by the club's own website, taking out any reference to the PL from own our kit and ground.

Go out in a blaze of defiance.

I think I am just as worried about the compensation we might have to pay. There is precedent, West Ham had to pay Sheff U for the Tevez scenario. We have an owner who has checked out, trying to sell to a group of conmen who probably don’t have the money, how are we going to foot a multi million pound bill?

They say FFP is to help clubs financially, all the while they are crippling us financially
I’m not quite as worried about that since reading that we had derived no sporting advantage from the overspend. Over the 3 years, a £6m on average yearly ‘breach’ will not present any potential litigants with an easy win.

Yes we can... both the commission and the pl have it in the report that there is no allegation of dishonesty..

Only purely because they don't want to assign malicious intent and open themselves up for libel. The section that you're referring to is literally titled "Misleading the Premier League about stadium interest"

Misleading the Premier League about stadium interest
106. The Premier League complains that Everton deliberately misled it about the
source of the funds used for the stadium development. In its FY 2022 PSR
submission Everton had asserted that the loan to Everton Stadium
Development Company Ltd bore
financing costs by way of interest and
arrangement fees. The Commission has found that that was not the case. The
Premier League asserts that Everton must have known that its assertion was
incorrect, and that that inaccuracy constitutes an aggravating factor, although
in its closing submissions it made it clear that it was not accusing Everton of
dishonesty.