Poetry in Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well apparently Spurs, Man City, Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth all had better squad than us last season.

I hear you though, we do need to add to the squad, but I don't think we need to spend 40m+, we haven't needed to in the past and I don't see this season as being any different. The way I see it we need two new players that are around the 10m mark, or Fernandes (6m) and one other at the 10m + mark. We have two new kids coming through who will be in the squad, (Rodwell and Gosling) + Kissock who has had good SPL experience.

Got to combine youth with expierence.

We need that touch of class, an Arshavin type player plus Fernandes who will win us big games.

We have a brilliant starting base but just need that extra bit.

I think we have moved up a notch over the past 3 seasons every year and i think we will again this year.
Moysie has identified who he wants and i expect to be challenging for fourth this season,we will have arteta back fully fit and hungry and i hope manny and one other in the middle of the park with quality.
In 2 weeks time we will know a lot more on what our squad will look like for the new season.

The top four will finish well clear of us next season, it would take about 80m to get close to them and them not improving their squads which they will, 5th is as good as it gets for the rest of us. I accepted that a long time ago.

your entitled to your opinion mate!

but i think your crackers!

have you even seen the journeyman the rs are being continually linked with?

if barry (average for at least 3 out of the last 5 seasons) and milner are the about the best they can come up with, how the hell are they £80m better than us?

please explain.

the longer Rafael's ther the more of this type of player they'll buy..;

Insua, Aurelio, Pennant, El Zhar, Arbeloa, Duran, Intandje, Zenden, Barragan, Gonzalez, Antwi, Hobbs, Anderson, Kromkamp, Martin, Paletta, Pelligrino, Otsemobor, Nunez, Partridge, Josemi, Morientes,(forgive me if some were houlliers im no rs expert.

to me thats slowly systematically imploding!

Liverpool's grip on the 4th spot is very tenuous indeed, ourselves or the likes of Villa, Spurs etc are more than capable of taking their place without having to break the bank.

I think Chelsea will slip too, if Scolari's coaching has anything to do with it, conceadeing two goals from set peices, for a team hes coached six tears, hmm i wonder!

I think Chelsea will slip too, if Scolari's coaching has anything to do with it, conceadeing two goals from set peices, for a team hes coached six tears, hmm i wonder!

good point if anywhere in the world is going to test you at set pieces its the prem!

I wonder if he prefers zonal marking like our neighbours?

until we got beat by fiorentina 4th was ours to lose, and thats just what we did, it obviously affected the team and also injuries played a part. we arent 80million behind the shoite at all, in fact they are panic buying to try and keep hold of 4th, even a mate who's rs was agreeing last night, if they go out early from cl and dont drop into uefa then they are up a creek somewhere down the swanney, hicks and gilette on radio before talking about how they now speak and get along......for the fans if nothing else cos they deserve that.
;) keep at it fellas cos theyve deserved a pair like you 2 for years, pull the wool over their gullable eyes, convince yourselves that you know who the right manager for the club is despite not knowing feck all about the game, we've been waiting for this for a long time and we're loving every minute of your soap opera, as long as you think of it as a franchise then we is singing the blues;)

If last season proved any thing it was that having a small squad means you are handicapped before you kick a ball.If we had been lucky enough to have avoided injuries to key players fourth could have been ours but we didn't get that luck and I doubt we will.If we had had a couple more in the squad lack lustre players could have been rested and brought back refreshed.after we lost that game on penalties you could see all the self belief leave the players and be replaced by fatigue so although one or two would improve the team we have to get more quality in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.