Poetry in Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
For years I have watched Everton toil through some rather heady performances. I remember the 80's, I remember the 90's more - and the false dawns that occurred.

But now I feel the dawn is finally here, and its beautiful - the sun is rising, birds are chirping, the clanging of milk bottles as the milk float chugs down the cobble streets. I feel refreshed, the desire is there. The image of Osman finishing off one of the best goals I have seen Everton score ever is still poignant in my R.E.M. dream.

I wake with renewed optimism, I know that whatever happens over the next few months its going to get better and better. If Arteta stays or go's, it doesn't matter - there are some amazing players in this squad and I expect to see more "Poetry in Motion" visuals that I witnessed when Cahill - Baines - Pienaar - Osman all had a hand in pure Goodison heaven.

Witness the change, its happening right now. This is it, we are on the crest, peering over the edge into the unknown, its exciting times - enjoy it.

Unless we bring in quality players this summer then i'm not confident we will finish as high as we did this season.

Don't believe everything you read elsewhere. I'm not a bad person, just some people don't like me - but my passion and belief is never in question.

Well we want to break the top 4. We need to bring in more quality players to do this. Spurs will have a good squad next season, as will Pompey etc, so we if we want to push away from them aswell as breaking the Sky4 then we need to bring in the quality.

Well we want to break the top 4. We need to bring in more quality players to do this. Spurs will have a good squad next season, as will Pompey etc, so we if we want to push away from them aswell as breaking the Sky4 then we need to bring in the quality.

Well apparently Spurs, Man City, Villa, Blackburn and Portsmouth all had better squad than us last season.

I hear you though, we do need to add to the squad, but I don't think we need to spend 40m+, we haven't needed to in the past and I don't see this season as being any different. The way I see it we need two new players that are around the 10m mark, or Fernandes (6m) and one other at the 10m + mark. We have two new kids coming through who will be in the squad, (Rodwell and Gosling) + Kissock who has had good SPL experience.

I think we'd be in the Champions League now if it wasnt for a handfull of things - injuries to key players, fatigue, and Florentina.

If we get some luck on our side, a couple of addiontal class players and a few back up loans I think we'll be fine next season - maybe even better.

We will be lucky to get a 5 a side game when pres season starts, half a dozen players are playing through the summer with Cahill, Vaughn , Hibbert, arteta still recovering from major injurys. We have no spare keeper and every other day almost all the squad have took turns to remind the board about the needs to beef up the squad with quality and quantity.

"Were going to need a bigger boat"

Last edited:

I'd give credit to who posted this on another thread earlier but I don't recall who it was but they basically said that when we get our players back who were injured or off form last season, things are looking good.

Sure we'll add a player or two but having Arteta, Cahill, & Baines back up to full health, fitness, and form will really help and then a full year of Yakubu banging them in will help too (no settling in period this upcoming season.)

Yes, if Moyes fails to add one player to the squad, I'd be disappointed.

But I wouldn't be overly concerned about the squad from a performance standpoint. Depthwise yes. Performance, no.

The top four will finish well clear of us next season, it would take about 80m to get close to them and them not improving their squads which they will, 5th is as good as it gets for the rest of us. I accepted that a long time ago.

I wouldn't argue that.

However I'd say that we are within a shout of that fourth place spot. A few "right results" last year combine with some correct reffing decisions and we could have seen fourth.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

We'd be relying on say Liverpool imploding which I can't see, I think they'll get more points next season than the one just gone, we won't be looking at the top four, just scrapping with Spurs, Villa, Pompey and City for 5th, in my opinion.

The top four will finish well clear of us next season, it would take about 80m to get close to them and them not improving their squads which they will, 5th is as good as it gets for the rest of us. I accepted that a long time ago.

So as long as we can get 80 million (like we must have done a few years ago when we finished 4th) then we can do it then. Sorry bud. I do not agree with you in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.