Players you were happy we signed but turned out to be pants, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Der Meyde was such a let down. Was only kid and remember being on holiday when he signed, I was so ecstatic because even I knew he was a big name and highly rated. Too bad the only reason we got him was because no top club would touch him because of his well-known lifestyle problems.
Very talented player as well...sad that was.

I think most people taught that getting Delph from City was very good business at 8 million, but he's not been great to say the least. At the moment I think we'd struggle to get half that money back if we were to sell him.
We wouldn't even be able to give him away and he'll be here with his bad attitude for another two seasons unfortunately.

Kevin Richardson. Saw him as a youth player and thought he wasn't much. Surprised when he got to the first team. Never a regular when we had the great team of the 80s but when called upon he always put a shift in and played in different positions. Often overlooked player who contributed to that successful team. Also played in that Arsenal team that won the league at Anfield in 1989. Now coach at the barcodes

Kevin Richardson. Saw him as a youth player and thought he wasn't much. Surprised when he got to the first team. Never a regular when we had the great team of the 80s but when called upon he always put a shift in and played in different positions. Often overlooked player who contributed to that successful team. Also played in that Arsenal team that won the league at Anfield in 1989. Now coach at the barcodes
Kevin Richardson was also in the Aston Villa team that nearly won the first ever Premier league, think he would have been the first to win it with three different clubs

Risking mild controversy, but Andy Johnson. Started well (and he's fondly remembered for a certain derby), but just frustrated me. Ran into a lot of blind alleys...

Think that was more Moyes telling him to do that as he tended to do that with every striker we had to allow Cahill to break the lines.

James Beattie was so excited when we signed him never worked out even tho he tried hard ended up a flop
I remember him playing for England while we were in the midst of signing him and he was so slow... Like he was running in treacle. I thought oh-no...

I still maintain that we always meant to sign Defour instead of Fellaini, were knocked back and decided "well, fine, we'll take the other one". Defour was the one we were rumoured with for a couple weeks before Fellaini just seemingly came out of nowhere.
I used to cut Artetas hair and he always maintained that there was something crazy that happened when we signed Fellani, he never expanded on it but he said u wouldn't believe it all

Status
Not open for further replies.