Players you thought would be good but turned out not to be so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakayoko

I'd never even heard of him but spending 4.5m (decent amount back then) had me thinking that he must be a player, and that we'd finally have a forward line to take us to the next level (Ferguson and Bakayoko) having also spent good money on Collins, Materazzi, Dacourt and Weir. I really thought this could it.

Turns out the season was horrendous, Ferguson was sold months later and Bakayoko became a joke.......Bakajoko.

Honorable mentions to Nicolas Alexandersson and Alex Nyarko.

Abel Xavier
Alcaraz
Alexandersson
Angell
Barlow
Beattie
Belfitt
Blomquist
Branch
Cademateri
Castillo
Cleverley
Cottee
Simon Davies
Eto’o
Gardner
Gibson
Gemmill
Ginloa
Gueye
Joe Harper
Hottiger
Jeffers
Jo
Klassen
Koldrup
Lawson
Nyarko
Pembridge
Rehn
Rodwell
Samways
Smallman
Tony Thomas
Traore
Ian Wilson
Bernie Wright
Richard Wright

im sure I have missed a load of others
Why did you expect half of them to be good though?! Tony Thomas ffs?!

A lot of Walter Smith signings I thought would be good and were rubbish but in fairness he signed 3 players who served us very well who I was not fussed about in Weir, Gemmill and Pembridge. The dross far outweighed the good though and seeing as they were the high point from Smith it shows how bad we were at the time.

We've obviously had a load of players who are really just rubbish, and some who have come from abroad that I didn't really know a lot about who turned out disappointing. In terms of players I actually knew about, Collins, Andy Johnson, Richard Wright and now Keane would be the main ones for me. Not saying they're all awful but none of them have been at anything like the level I hoped they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.