Players who should never ever wear the shirt again

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an opportunity early doors in the second half when they were finding their feet. Back peddling like mad we had them where we wanted Rico had possession on the edge of the box with Digne (I think) careering past him for the overlap and he noticeably froze. He didn't play Digne in dithered like a tart and the opportunity was squandered, they nicked the ball and from there took over the game with the inevitable result.

Top players don't get caught in the headlights but it's a common fault among our "best" players hence our woeful derby record and he seems yet another example.
Are you Paul Merson in disguise? Seriously mate no footballer is perfect, but I wish we had more players with the ability of Richarlison in our side. I try to focus on positives in players like the goal yesteday (that probably no other player in the squad could score) over their negatives. Ancelotti and the coaches will work on their weaknesses.

Are you Paul Merson in disguise? Seriously mate no footballer is perfect, but I wish we had more players with the ability of Richarlison in our side. I try to focus on positives in players like the goal yesteday (that probably no other player in the squad could score) over their negatives. Ancelotti and the coaches will work on their weaknesses.
Yeh, that's right I'm Paul Merson.... :rolleyes:

It's just observation of fact don't let it get to you. It's like I squandered the chance that could have stopped them in their tracks, pft

Agree 100%. The scapegoating of certain players is nothing short of disgraceful. By all means criticise, thats your right as a supporter but the perception sometimes is that scapegoating is taking out a grudge on a particular player that you simply don't like, for whatever reason. For example, on the whole Phil Neville did a good job for Everton even though he played a season to long and yet was never accepted and vilified by a section of the fan base. A number of our current players are vilified in the same way and personal attacks on social media are nothing short of cowardly. Some of the stuff said about certain players is downright embarrassing. Pickford is Englands goalkeeper and according to some is not good enough for Everton. Rubbish. Siggardson should never play for Everton again because he is out of form and surrounded by out of form players.Rubbish. It goes on. What happened to supporting your team through thick and thin? Social media has a lot to answer for..some can sit at their keyboard saying what the like about players and managers and usually without answer. Personally I don't like it...the constant criticism and complaints and the toxic atmosphere in grounds because a team loses a football match to another team has become more important than the game of football, and that should not be the case.

I agree mate. Reflection of the increasingly narcissistic and self obsessed times we are living in I think. A fans support is only given provided the team is winning and playing great, at all times, the minute they lose such fans prove themselves to not really understand the meaning of the word support. Support as in hold up when something is falling down! Support as in a burden to shoulder....

When we’re falling down not only do they make no effort to prop us up, but stomp and kick us when we are down! I’ve seen people saying they despise the team! Gotta ask yourself at that point, what being an Everton fan even means!

I honestly do believe that if you remove or ease, the fear this team has of making mistakes, we would see a big improvement. But it’s not going to happen unfortunately, but definitely as Silva implied the toxic atmosphere does have an influence.

Back in the 90’s losing was just something I came to accept with Everton, but we still supported and loved the team, win lose or draw. At least I thought we did. Maybe social media just brings out the poison that was already there. I don’t know, but people should try to realize that when they post messages mocking one of our own players on social media, you might as well call yourself a liverpool supporter, because it is betraying/hurting the very team they claim to support.

Another thing is though that I tend to assume everyone online is the same age as myself, when actually half the time on forums like this or on twitter, you’re probably dealing with a 12 year old!

Status
Not open for further replies.