LB: Digne/Baines
RM:
CM: Gomes
CM: Gbamim/Davies
LM: Bernard/Gordon
CF: DCL
CF: Richarlison/Kean

Bin off as many of the rest as we can.

I'd be adding Coleman, Kenny, Iwobi, Walcott, Kean, Bernard, Davies and Delph to the 'out' section. None of them good enough.

Problem being, we'll need to bring in replacements and back-ups that will need to fit in and gel. I don't see us have a complete overhaul of the squad and bringing in a dozen or so players. It's going to be a rebuild over a few transfer windows; so retaining some players, that may not be considered first choice, as back-up until we can rotate them out of the club as and when suitable replacements become available, would probably be the way to go. Just my opinion, of course.

By the time this virus buggers off some of the wasters contracts might have expired

#everycloud

We are practically giving Bolasie away to Sporting but, sadly, a slump in form and his high wage means he's coming back to us. As for Sandro, he's scored about five goals in around three years, hasn't he? Maybe Carlos can get the best out of them :D

Problem being, we'll need to bring in replacements and back-ups that will need to fit in and gel. I don't see us have a complete overhaul of the squad and bringing in a dozen or so players. It's going to be a rebuild over a few transfer windows; so retaining some players, that may not be considered first choice, as back-up until we can rotate them out of the club as and when suitable replacements become available, would probably be the way to go. Just my opinion, of course.

On my list we would need 6 more outfield players.

In my opinion, remove the dead wood of Niasse, Martina, Sandro, Tosun Bolasie etc.
Then from the current match day 18, Gylfi's time is up, Walcott needs moving on, Davies needs either loaning out for a season or moving on. Keane needs moving on. They are 4 big players in the squad and will need replacing.

In my opinion, remove the dead wood of Niasse, Martina, Sandro, Tosun Bolasie etc.
Then from the current match day 18, Gylfi's time is up, Walcott needs moving on, Davies needs either loaning out for a season or moving on. Keane needs moving on. They are 4 big players in the squad and will need replacing.
Not sure how we're going to do that. We've had two years to shift Bolasie and Sandro and nobody has come even close to wanting to give us money for them. Tosun has typically just suffered a terrible injury so clearly will be, as with the other two, loaned out at best with us paying a huge percentage of the wage. Niasse and Martina are clearly gone though, thankfully. The problems run much deeper though, as you indicate: Stekelenberg, Coleman, Keane, Davies, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott all on fat contracts going nowhere but offering the squad absolutely nothing at all.

I don’t expect many if any to go, there will be a fair few clubs watching there finances once the leagues restart. We couldn’t get rid when things were going well so I don’t expect them to suddenly go.
I can see the ones who’ve been on loan maybe just going on free somewhere.

Adam Jones ran his rule over Everton players, in summary here it is.

Pickford keep
Stekelenburg release
Coleman keep
Sidibe don't sign
Martina release
Keane keep
Iwobi keep
Walcott keep
Bernard keep
Delph keep
Davies keep
Gomes keep
Siggy sell
Mina keep
Holgate keep
Baines keep
Digne keep
Scheids sell
Gbamin keep
Richie keep
DCL keep
Tosun keep
Kean keep

That is this journalist's take on our current squad What do you guys think?
That is keeping eighteen and selling/releasing everybody else. We can add JJ Kenny to that list and that still leaves us with signing three to five players and that is probably what will happen.
Gordon and Gibson are not mentioned but I think a season out on loan would be really good for them and I doubt that we will be bringing back any other of the loan players.

Pickford keep
Stekelenburg release
Coleman keep
Sidibe don't sign
Martina release
Keane keep
Iwobi keep
Walcott keep
Bernard keep
Delph keep
Davies keep
Gomes keep
Siggy sell
Mina keep
Holgate keep
Baines keep
Digne keep
Scheids sell
Gbamin keep
Richie keep
DCL keep
Tosun keep
Kean keep

He's keeping too many

Going against the grain, in keeping Schneiderlin.

nighrmare that he has been. He’s done enough in Ancelotti era to merit sticking around. Last chance saloon and all that.
Delph can go before him.

Keep:
Richarlison
Kean
Digne
DCL
Gomes
Mina
And any youth player who hasn't played 10 first team games yet.

Everyone else is free to go if a good offer comes. Obviously it can't happen in one summer, but no one else is good enough that we shouldn't be trying to shuffle them to the bench and then out the door.

Pickford keep
Stekelenburg release
Coleman keep
Sidibe don't sign
Martina release
Keane keep
Iwobi keep
Walcott keep
Bernard keep
Delph keep
Davies keep
Gomes keep
Siggy sell
Mina keep
Holgate keep
Baines keep
Digne keep
Scheids sell
Gbamin keep
Richie keep
DCL keep
Tosun keep
Kean keep

I agree mostly. Got to replace tosun then sell him, iwobi I’m not a fan of but give him a bit longer to prove his worth, same with Delph

Not sure how we're going to do that. We've had two years to shift Bolasie and Sandro and nobody has come even close to wanting to give us money for them. Tosun has typically just suffered a terrible injury so clearly will be, as with the other two, loaned out at best with us paying a huge percentage of the wage. Niasse and Martina are clearly gone though, thankfully. The problems run much deeper though, as you indicate: Stekelenberg, Coleman, Keane, Davies, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott all on fat contracts going nowhere but offering the squad absolutely nothing at all.
I disagree on Coleman, still has a lot to offer despite fans turning in him

Status
Not open for further replies.