Players That Should Follow Martinez Out The Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we should just get rid of players that are picking up wages for doing nothing apart from bench warming because even with a new manager they have no chance so time to go

Apart from the obvious ones like Kone and McGeady, the sick note that is Gibson plus the over the hillers like Ossie, Peinaar and possibly Barry, I think pretty much we need to give the rest a clean slate and see what they can do.

We know what the attackers are capable off........so it will be interesting to see how our defenders, perm any four from the five senior ones back there and you have four proven full international class defenders, shape up under a coach with more defensive nous than Bobby.

Even Niasse might surprise us when he properly settles in and plays in a team oozing confidence instead of the shambles he has been operating in thus far.

As things stand I don't see that a great clear out is needed......a few top signings coming in could get us up and running again.

But if I had to nominate one stalwart of the Martinez era to follow him out the door, then it would be McCarthy.

He has really gone backwards this past two seasons IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.