Players out on loan 2023/24

Lewis Warrington came on for the last 10 minutes for Plymouth with the score 1-1 but our man Che Adams scored for Soton in added time to give them a 2-1 win. Plymouth drop to 11th.

A start and 61 minutes for Stanley Mills for Oxford United who were already winning 2-0 when he went off. Oxford went on to get a 3-1 win v Barnsley away. Oxford are now 4th.

Reece Welch not in the squad for Forest Green who continue to struggle losing 3-0 at home to Newport. Forest Green currently 22nd.

As pointed out above, Harry Tyrer conceded an equaliser in added time for Chesterfield at home to Oldham. 1-1 and Chesterfield fall to 3rd on GD.

Zan-Luk Leban's Farsley won again, 1-0 at Bishop's Stortford. They are 6th. Leban getting rave reviews so far.

….I have a fear that Welch is ‘too soft’ and competitive footy would make or break him. A long season but it’s not looking the best of starts.

….I have a fear that Welch is ‘too soft’ and competitive footy would make or break him. A long season but it’s not looking the best of starts.
One of Forest Greens CB's got sent off yesterday, not sure what for but it was a straight red card, If he’s fit he should see some game time over the next few weeks.

One of Forest Greens CB's got sent off yesterday, not sure what for but it was a straight red card, If he’s fit he should see some game time over the next few weeks.
Welch will be fine at that level, he proved that against League1/2 teams in last years PapaJohn trophy, but with his lack of physical build it’s hard to see him progressing further up the leagues.

Welch will be fine at that level, he proved that against League1/2 teams in last years PapaJohn trophy, but with his lack of physical build it’s hard to see him progressing further up the leagues.
9 months of beyond meat burgers will sort him out. Physicality is something he’s definitely been working on, he was one of the four players that did the summer camp with the trainer that Anthony Gordon worked with, Lewis Warrington, Tyler Onyango and Lewis Dobbin were the others as I remember.

....I thought he was massive.

I actually fear for his competitiveness, he’s not a defender who dies for the cause, he can be bullied by diminutive strikers. We’ll find out lots about him, it’s make or break.

You know my view on loans. But in some circumstances I'm not against it, and Reece Welch is one. He is a "rolls Royce" type defender, but needs to learn to do the dirty side of the game, and be a lot more aggressive.