Players out on loan 2023/24

I think if you’re gonna fill out he needs to already have done it. Same with Astley. No idea why Everton don’t beast these lads in the gym.
It’s a point I’ve made for years having watched international u18/20 rugby, at those ages their backs are all bulked up but lose none of their speed . Morgan Feeney and Astley never kicked on from their early promise because they didn’t fill out .

It’s a point I’ve made for years having watched international u18/20 rugby, at those ages their backs are all bulked up but lose none of their speed . Morgan Feeney and Astley never kicked on from their early promise because they didn’t fill out .

Yeh it baffles me. The lads workout in the gym but why not bulk up your defenders? No excuse not to be massive really

Yeh it baffles me. The lads workout in the gym but why not bulk up your defenders? No excuse not to be massive really
Think they need to be a bit careful with them, only have to look a DCL who revelled in the nick name ‘Quadzilla’ when still in Sheffield due to the bulk in his legs, can’t help but think that hasn’t helped him in the last couple of years. Owen too suffered after over training when his body was still developing.
Appreciate you might be more talking about upper body for defenders but I’d expect similar risks exist, not to mention 16-18 year olds often end up in different positions as they get older. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Holgate loan confirmed. We are probably paying a good part of the salary. Another one we have to hope performs well so that Southampton want to sign him next season. Contract expires June 2025.
Screenshot_20230825_230509_Instagram.jpg

Hi all, just reviving an account on here that I created when we had Kenny, McAleny, Lundstram and Ledson off you around 2016 time. Thought you may appreciate an update on Mills.

I can see the highlights from the Barnsley game on here already - reports from Oxford fans who went to the game were that he was fairly quiet for most the first half but then early second half he absolutely roasted their left hand side to set up the own goal.

Yesterday he came on as a second half substitute and you can see his contribution for our second goal from 1:40 below:

Nice bit of composure to find a team mate to play the ball out then he eats up the ground to receive the ball back near the edge of their box. Unfortunately he doesn't get his feet sorted and loses the ball but Goodrham was there to roll it in.

Mills does seem like a real good athlete, he has things to learn but he is already affecting games. What bodes well for his development is how he'll be managed by Manning - I think he'll be in games at the right moment to positively affect them, like bringing him on yesterday against a tiring defence.

Early signs are that he's a good one though 👍

Hi all, just reviving an account on here that I created when we had Kenny, McAleny, Lundstram and Ledson off you around 2016 time. Thought you may appreciate an update on Mills.

I can see the highlights from the Barnsley game on here already - reports from Oxford fans who went to the game were that he was fairly quiet for most the first half but then early second half he absolutely roasted their left hand side to set up the own goal.

Yesterday he came on as a second half substitute and you can see his contribution for our second goal from 1:40 below:

Nice bit of composure to find a team mate to play the ball out then he eats up the ground to receive the ball back near the edge of their box. Unfortunately he doesn't get his feet sorted and loses the ball but Goodrham was there to roll it in.

Mills does seem like a real good athlete, he has things to learn but he is already affecting games. What bodes well for his development is how he'll be managed by Manning - I think he'll be in games at the right moment to positively affect them, like bringing him on yesterday against a tiring defence.

Thanks for the update mate and please do keep posting. I was a bit disappointed he didn't start yesterday but good to hear he came on and had a part to play in the goal.

…thanks for posting. You say Mills ‘seems like a good athlete’. You might not be aware, but his brother is one of Englands top milers. Definitely some good genes when it comes to running.