Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let’s put Simms into perspective. 3 goals in his first couple of games , then nothing until last night, due mainly to his injury and Sunderland undoubtedly missed him. I’m a big Simms fan, but I don’t see him as yet being able to start and lead our line in the PL, although I’d put money on him sticking away the chance that Davies had against Bournemouth. If he’d stayed it’s unlikely that Frank would have started him and for me he’s in the best place , out on loan proving he can score goals at Championship level even if he’s not prolific yet.

….there is a bottom line here. The way Everton play, would Simms be a more effective lone striker option than Maupay?

Of course we need to bring in better, but it seems to me we sent a better back-up option on loan & purchased a player who simply doesn’t fit.

Well let’s put Simms into perspective. 3 goals in his first couple of games , then nothing until last night, due mainly to his injury and Sunderland undoubtedly missed him. I’m a big Simms fan, but I don’t see him as yet being able to start and lead our line in the PL, although I’d put money on him sticking away the chance that Davies had against Bournemouth. If he’d stayed it’s unlikely that Frank would have started him and for me he’s in the best place , out on loan proving he can score goals at Championship level even if he’s not

Think it would be unfair not to give him a chance in the Prem. He's netted in every division he's been in and like some have posted... he'd have scored a few of the chances we've missed this season.

And he's better than Rondon

Simms does a lot of trotting around off the ball (as does Rondon). Maupay, on the other hand, is a scrappy little git. All of them not particularly prolific but if you want someone to press and niggle and unsettle a defence (rather than play long balls up to) then Maupay is probably your choice.

Personal opinion but Simms to me has always just been a finisher and invisible in the build up. Which would be bloody awful in this Everton side.

….Maupay doesn’t even look ‘just a finisher’ & is ’invisible in the build up’. I’m not saying Simms is the answer but he’s certainly more effective than Maupay with his back to goal, aerially & in the space beyond defenders. He’d occupy CBs.

….Maupay doesn’t even look ‘just a finisher’ & is ’invisible in the build up’. I’m not saying Simms is the answer but he’s certainly more effective than Maupay with his back to goal, aerially & in the space beyond defenders. He’d occupy CBs.

We can agree to disagree on his effectiveness.

Simms does a lot of trotting around off the ball (as does Rondon). Maupay, on the other hand, is a crappy little git. All of them not particularly prolific but if you want someone to press and niggle and unsettle a defence (rather than play long balls up to) then Maupay is probably not your choice.

Corrected that for ya mate ?

Jarrad Branthwaite at PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie, Netherlands) came on in the 45th minute with his side losing 0-1 at home to AZ; the scoreline stayed that way.

Jean-Phillipe Gbamin at Trabzonspor (Süper Lig, Turkey) was subbed off in the 77th minute with his side drawing 1-1 away to Ankaragücü; the scoreline stayed that way.

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) scored in the 25th minute before being subbed off in the 85th minute with his side winning 1-2 away to Birmingham; the scoreline stayed that way. ⚽

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship) was not in the matchday squad for his side’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool.

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship) was subbed off in the 71st minute with his side losing 0-1 at home to Sheffield United; the scoreline stayed that way.

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One) was subbed off in the 77th minute with his side winning 1-2 away to MK Dons; the match ended 1-3.

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) played the full match in his side’s 3-3 home draw with Charlton.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) was not in the matchday squad for his side’s 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) played the full match of his side’s 2-2 home draw with Lewis Warrington’s Fleetwood [see below].

Lewis Warrington at Fleetwood (League One) was subbed off in the 86th minute with his side losing 2-1 away to Lewis Gibson’s Bristol Rovers; Fleetwood eventually notched a 99th minute equaliser to make it 2-2.

Jarrad Branthwaite at PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie, Netherlands) came on in the 45th minute with his side losing 0-1 at home to AZ; the scoreline stayed that way.

Jean-Phillipe Gbamin at Trabzonspor (Süper Lig, Turkey) was subbed off in the 77th minute with his side drawing 1-1 away to Ankaragücü; the scoreline stayed that way.

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) scored in the 25th minute before being subbed off in the 85th minute with his side winning 1-2 away to Birmingham; the scoreline stayed that way. ⚽

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship) was not in the matchday squad for his side’s 2-1 home win over Blackpool.

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship) was subbed off in the 71st minute with his side losing 0-1 at home to Sheffield United; the scoreline stayed that way.

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One) was subbed off in the 77th minute with his side winning 1-2 away to MK Dons; the match ended 1-3.

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) played the full match in his side’s 3-3 home draw with Charlton.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) was not in the matchday squad for his side’s 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) played the full match of his side’s 2-2 home draw with Lewis Warrington’s Fleetwood [see below].

Lewis Warrington at Fleetwood (League One) was subbed off in the 86th minute with his side losing 2-1 away to Lewis Gibson’s Bristol Rovers; Fleetwood eventually notched a 99th minute equaliser to make it 2-2.

Looks like Tyler has settled now, knuckled down and earned his place back the last couple of weeks which is good to hear.

I was talking to a mate who's a Sunderland fan last night, he reckons that Simms doesn't really occupy defenders at all, and just comes alive in the box.

I was talking to a mate who's a Sunderland fan last night, he reckons that Simms doesn't really occupy defenders at all, and just comes alive in the box.

…yep, I’ve always said he comes alive in the box but I think he does the same when the ball is played beyond CBs. I’m not saying he’s the answer but I feel we’d have been better keeping him here & not spending £15m on Maupay.

Status
Not open for further replies.