Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest.. the only one I feel has a chance is Branthwaite.. we didn’t have a striker and the club sent out Dobbin and Simms. That’s a sign.. even at their age. I’ll admit I haven’t seen enough of Warrington… but it isn’t overly peaking my interest.. I feel Mills might have a better shot.

As an example.. these boys are competing with the likes of Onana.. who turned 21 only the other day… chalk and cheese!
If you watched iwobi when he was poor you’d never guess he could play as he is now and he’s 25+ don’t think you can write anyone off ! Especially youngsters ! Osman did alright as a late bloomer too ! Think there’s been a few youngsters we’ve released who have done alright down the years !

If you watched iwobi when he was poor you’d never guess he could play as he is now and he’s 25+ don’t think you can write anyone off ! Especially youngsters ! Osman did alright as a late bloomer too ! Think there’s been a few youngsters we’ve released who have done alright down the years !
It happens but is more the anomaly. I have become more cynical I admit having seen youth World Cup winning players going nowhere…

I’ll be honest.. the only one I feel has a chance is Branthwaite.. we didn’t have a striker and the club sent out Dobbin and Simms. That’s a sign.. even at their age. I’ll admit I haven’t seen enough of Warrington… but it isn’t overly peaking my interest.. I feel Mills might have a better shot.

As an example.. these boys are competing with the likes of Onana.. who turned 21 only the other day… chalk and cheese!
I find it completely bizarre that you and others have written off the 19 yearl old Lewis Dobbin just because he’s been sent out on loan. He’s not ready yet for the PL, although there’s a good argument that he’d be better than Rondon, but maybe Lampard/ Thelwell believe his development would best served getting game time at lower level. ?‍♂️

I find it completely bizarre that you and others have written off the 19 yearl old Lewis Dobbin just because he’s been sent out on loan. He’s not ready yet for the PL, although there’s a good argument that he’d be better than Rondon, but maybe Lampard/ Thelwell believe his development would best served getting game time at lower level. ?‍♂️
The club have appointed a loans manager. Developing players through loans will be an increasingly important strategy for us. It is very difficult to break into a PL without first team experience and the number of players that do it are few and far between. Most need loans at lower levels to give them experience.

It seems to me that the loans we have agreed are quite sensible and will enhance their chances of making the first team.

I know comparisons with Onana have been made, but he does actually have first team experience in a good league. We also had to pay a transfer fee for him because of both his quality and his first team experience.

For our young players it is hard to get the first team experience needed to break into the team and hold down a place. Effective use of loans is the best way to develop them. In my view, Simms.Dobbin, Warrington and Branthwaite are still work in progress and may still make the step up to our first team.

It's also true when people talk about sending them on loan as a solution, often to the championship.

In most cases teams (particularly those in the championship) would have no interest in players who are teenagers for us.

If we are being very generous, you may say these lads could improve to be better than that level, but they probably need 30-40 games to do so. The problem is, for those sides theres very little upside taking that risk. They get all the pains of developing a player, with none of the benefit that comes.

As for Onyango, hes started a couple and then been left out of a few. That's where I expected it to be. Hes huge, which gives him a chance, but needs to learn a lot of basics. As indicated above though, the guys that level wont carry people, as they are going to be more dependent on win bonuses etc.

There seems to be this assumption that lower league football is a training school for academies, the truth couldnt be further. They're not going to have some teenager messing up their opportunity to earn money.
You have to look at the style of play that the loan teams they go to play . Both Onyango and Small have gone to league one teams that don't play the ball through the middle they play route 1 football ball which is huffing the ball and fighting for second ball . Now to judge their footballing ability on that type of play is totally wrong because it's not who they have been taught through the academy and it's not how PL teams play football.

You have to look at the style of play that the loan teams they go to play . Both Onyango and Small have gone to league one teams that don't play the ball through the middle they play route 1 football ball which is huffing the ball and fighting for second ball . Now to judge their footballing ability on that type of play is totally wrong because it's not who they have been taught through the academy and it's not how PL teams play football.

Yes very good point mate. But it sort of backs up what I was saying. Most teams at that level will go back to front a lot more than in the PL.

No honestly it’s not that. Well not just that. It’s more a feeling.. same reason I didn’t see Hallam Hope breaking through.

So no.. nothing I can put my finger on. On Dobbins plus side is he seemed to be given the jump ahead of an older Simms. That shows some faith in his ability…

Separately .. I did acknowledge a while back there are almost no examples now of players that don’t go on loan vs those that do. It seems the done thing now. So for me the loan thing is just when and not if. So doesn’t mean that not wanted which is what I used to feel.. but with reference to Dobbin, we literally had no strikers .. and they still weren’t given minutes.

Tyler Onyango came on as sub in the 68th minute of Burton Albion's 3-2 win at Hillsborough against Sheffield Wednesday in the Pap John's Trophy. It was 3-2 when he came on.

Lewis Warrington wasn't in Fleetwood's squad for their game.

For those still interested in Thierry Small, he played the full game in Port Vale's 4-0 win at Shrewsbury. From these highlights it appears he played as a striker. He's no.18.

Tyler Onyango came on as sub in the 68th minute of Burton Albion's 3-2 win at Hillsborough against Sheffield Wednesday in the Pap John's Trophy. It was 3-2 when he came on.

Lewis Warrington wasn't in Fleetwood's squad for their game.

For those still interested in Thierry Small, he played the full game in Port Vale's 4-0 win at Shrewsbury. From these highlights it appears he played as a striker. He's no.18.

Striker? See, he would've definitely been given minutes this season..

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) came on as a substitute in the 90th minute in his side’s 2-1 away defeat to Shrewsbury.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) played the full match in his side’s 0-1 win away to Bristol Rovers; he was booked in the 43rd minute for a “bad foul”.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) was not in the matchday squad to face Ashley’s Accrington Stanley.

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) came on as a substitute in the 90th minute in his side’s 2-1 away defeat to Shrewsbury.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) played the full match in his side’s 0-1 win away to Bristol Rovers; he was booked in the 43rd minute for a “bad foul”.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) was not in the matchday squad to face Ashley’s Accrington Stanley.

Looks like Gibson might be close to making a return. If not tomorrow then Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.