Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
From our loanees the only ones I see having a chance of playing here are Branthwaite, Dobbin & Warrington. The rest may as well have been sold.
Stan Mills? Came on leaps and bounds last season for the U23s but currently in that no-mans land between that level and training with the 1st team but not getting game time. I was glad to see him playing in the last U23 game but he's one that could be sent on loan in January - depending on how he's playing and if the right club can be found.

Jarrad Branthwaite at PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie, Netherlands) played the full match and scored a 16th minute goal, converting from a corner, in his side’s 4-3 home win over Feyenoord.

Jean-Phillipe Gbamin at Trabzonspor (Süper Lig, Turkey) came on as a 79th minute substitute at home to Gaziantep FK with the scoreline at 2-2; his side went on to win the game 3-2 with a 98th minute goal.

Stan Mills? Came on leaps and bounds last season for the U23s but currently in that no-mans land between that level and training with the 1st team but not getting game time. I was glad to see him playing in the last U23 game but he's one that could be sent on loan in January - depending on how he's playing and if the right club can be found.

Isn’t on loan anywhere

I'm not convinced on Warrington mate, but honestly hope they all prove me wrong. I'm not someone who knocks our young players, but that's just my opinion.

The issue with selling, is who is going to pay any money for them? Championship clubs are skint. PL clubs have no interest with our caste offs. I think we just have to be more clearer on when we are releasing players.
I’ll be honest.. the only one I feel has a chance is Branthwaite.. we didn’t have a striker and the club sent out Dobbin and Simms. That’s a sign.. even at their age. I’ll admit I haven’t seen enough of Warrington… but it isn’t overly peaking my interest.. I feel Mills might have a better shot.

As an example.. these boys are competing with the likes of Onana.. who turned 21 only the other day… chalk and cheese!

Great to see Branthwaite starting and getting 90 mins , if he can cement a place at this level in a different country it’ll be a wonderful experience for him.
Playing consistently and hopefully well at a club like PSV will definitely lift his status! I mean if he was a Dutch kid of the same age shooting the lights out at PSV the world would be on notice wouldn’t they?

Status
Not open for further replies.