Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Saturday, Niels Nkounkou played another 90 minutes as wing back for St Étienne on Saturday. They beat Pau 2-0 and are now 7 points clear of the Ligue 2 relegation zone. No chance of getting promotion so I can't see them signing him permanently. Maybe he can impress a few Ligue 1 scouts?

Also Saturday, Joao Virginia still on the bench for Cambuur who are not doing any better since replacing him. Lost 2-1 and 5 points from safety.

Was just reading a scouting report/write up on his performance against Nimes... https://targetscouting.com/2023/02/27/as-saint-etienne-match-report-vs-nimes-olympique-20-02-2023/

You dont have a clue about football. Football is not only about running and tackling. Why should a manager ask Gomes to do something he cant. He can organise and play an opening pass. Nobody else in the current team can do that.
And he’s capable of playing both long and short passes. He just needs to be played in the correct role and limit his defensive responsibilities to making his opponent play the ball square or backwards. His confidence must be affected when the crowd gets on his back. Similar thing happened to Ross Barkley, crowd expecting him to make crunching tackles - how we do with a bit of creativity and shooting around the box this season.

Football is about blends you need a combination of runners, footballers ball winners and of course goal scorers. I think it went out of the window during Benitez reign and it will take a long time to get the balance right in the squad. A lot of people on here describe players as either good or complete rubbish but it is never that black or white. The team consists of mini teams all over the pitch which require different skill sets and good communication. Generally if a player is good on the ball he may not be athletic or a ball winner hasn’t got the creative skills. If things are going bad the fan base always pick up on the weakness of players when team is always the sum of the parts and that’s where good management

You dont have a clue about football. Football is not only about running and tackling. Why should a manager ask Gomes to do something he cant. He can organise and play an opening pass. Nobody else in the current team can do that.
Have you literally said I don't have a clue about football because you're wrong about Gomes? Bold play Cotton, let's see how it works out.

Yesterday's round up.

Tom Cannon came on in the 69th minute in Preston's 0-0 draw at Watford.

Lewis Gibson played 90 minutes of Bristol Rovers 0-0 draw v Barnsley.

Lewis Warrington subbed off on 57 minutes for Fleetwood just after Cheltenham had gone ahead. Finished 1-0.

Lewis Dobbin taken off in added time as Derby drew 2-2 with Shrewsbury.

Onyango and Astley both still injured.

André Gomes came off after 69 minutes in the Derby du Nord. Lille were drawing 1-1 v Lens which is how it finished. Lille drop to 6th.

JP Gbamin on the bench and didn't get on for Trabzonspor who lost 2-1.

Last night Niels Nkounkou played 90 minutes as St Etienne drew 1-1 with Bordeaux.

Today, another 90 minutes and a clean sheet for Jarrad Branthwaite in PSV's 1-0 win at Waalwijk.

Dele Alli not on the bench for Besiktas's 2-1 win today.

Joao Virginia still out of favour at Cambuur who lost again 2-1.

From what I’ve read the player wants the move,
I doubt he will want to return to play Championship football next season.
Yes if there’s a chance of him staying there he will 100% stay, it’s been a good season for him and after playing first team football regular he will want to be doing the same next season and not fighting it out at the bottom of the league or in the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.