Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the same time, the Eredivisie is a bit cack so we shouldn't get too carried away. A lot of players are going for megabucks from there right now but don't all look that special once they hit a proper league. If Man United or whoever want to get a bit silly based on a year with PSV it's worth hearing them out.
I largely agree but he's always passed the eye test for me, my major worry was that he'd get crowded out by our stockpiling of centrebacks and so wouldn't get a chance to play his way into the team.

I largely agree but he's always passed the eye test for me, my major worry was that he'd get crowded out by our stockpiling of centrebacks and so wouldn't get a chance to play his way into the team.
Yeah I like him a lot, for me his potential ceiling is much higher than someone like Gordon- and really good youngsters in his position are far rarer to come by. Guess my point is teams are overpaying a lot for players from non elite leagues like Portugal or Holland right now and it's something we could maybe take advantage of, in a position where we have plenty of cover. But if he was a PSV player they would want a fortune for him already and we shouldn't be accepting anything less.

Joao Virginia on the bench again yesterday as Cambuur managed a 0-0 draw v NEC. They rise to second bottom on goal difference.

Also yesterday, Jarrod Branthwaite scored a 69th minute header as PSV won 6-0 against Groningen. Played the whole match. PSV remain 4th.

St Etienne lifted themselves out of the Ligue 2 drop zone yesterday with a 2-0 win against Dijon. Niels Nkounkou played the full 90 minutes as left wing back.

André Gomes came on after 74 minutes against Srasbourg today with Lille already leading 2-0 which is how it finished. Lille 5th.

Tom Cannon started and was subbed off on 89 minutes for Preston who came back to draw 1-1 v Luton despite going down to 10 men.

Preston have lost 4 of their 6 matches since he joined but he has started in all and played the full game in most of them. He hasn't scored yet but he must be doing something right to keep getting picked (pressing and running a lot maybe?).

Tom Cannon started and was subbed off on 89 minutes for Preston who came back to draw 1-1 v Luton despite going down to 10 men.

Preston have lost 4 of their 6 matches since he joined but he has started in all and played the full game in most of them. He hasn't scored yet but he must be doing something right to keep getting picked (pressing and running a lot maybe?).
I caught the highlights of this game, Cannon had a difficult chance to win it near the end but his low drive was just the wrong side of the post , he looked sharp though.

Coady, Tarkowski, Godfrey and JB would not be a bad set of 4 at all. Is Lewis Gibson any good these days?
I am thinking we'd only pick up Coady's option to buy if we stay up. If we are relegated, we'd want to cut the wage bill. We should try to find a way to get JB into the first team next year regardless if we stay up or are relegated. Might want to keep Holgate around as cover, I can't see many teams coming in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.