Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he moved up to the u23s Unsworth played Simms as the striker in a 4-2-3-1. He struggled at first but improved his hold up play and other aspects. So I’m not too worried about him playing as a lone striker, he’ll need the rest of the team to also work out how to help him , but I see it as another part of his development by playing in different formations.
Last night against Boro he was on his own with 2 attacking mids in behind him and it just didn't really work at all tbh but then Sunderland had a poor game overall and never really seemed to get going.

Last night against Boro he was on his own with 2 attacking mids in behind him and it just didn't really work at all tbh but then Sunderland had a poor game overall and never really seemed to get going.
I thought Sunderland were poor and certainly some of the balls into Simms gave him absolutely no chance, however I thought his movement was poor and for such a big man he does not impose himself on defenders.

He has but he’s still gotten minutes. Wouldn’t have got any here.
I know but minute’s here and there isn’t the same as starting games every week. There’s still time for that to change, injures etc could get him in the team but if it stays like this then it’ll be disappointing use of a season on loan.

I know but minute’s here and there isn’t the same as starting games every week. There’s still time for that to change, injures etc could get him in the team but if it stays like this then it’ll be disappointing use of a season on loan.
Doesn't the dutch system allow PSV to play a second team in the lower divisions, Real Madrid style?

I know it used to (thanks to Champ Man in the early 2000's)

Status
Not open for further replies.