Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) played the full 90 minutes in Sunderland’s 1-0 away defeat to Middlesbrough.

I watched some of the game and wasn't really impressed by him.
He is a long way off Premiership standard at the moment imo.

Didn’t think he was very good tonight, I think there’s a player there, but he might not make it at Everton, Championship could well be his level, which is absolutely fine.

Today wasn’t his best outing mind, I’ve seen him be better.

Simms looking really good tonight against Boro on Sky, holdup play has been exceptional
Thought the complete opposite.
Less mobile than Rondon
Playing on the boarders of the game
Will only really move if the ball is straight to him.

Im not expecting the lad to start legging the channels. But the championship will be his ceiling

Thought the complete opposite.
Less mobile than Rondon
Playing on the boarders of the game
Will only really move if the ball is straight to him.

Im not expecting the lad to start legging the channels. But the championship will be his ceiling
My sunderland mate raves about him already. Championship may be his ceiling but he is still young and may just need more time.

My sunderland mate raves about him already. Championship may be his ceiling but he is still young and may just need more time.
His lack of mobility and pace for a kid of his age is not great.

I've seen nothing so far to convince me that he could make it in the Prem.

Simms last night had to play up front on his own due to Stewart getting injured in the warmup. He has looked pretty decent in a 2 tbf (3 in 6 so far) but on his own like last night it didn't suit him whatsoever.
When he moved up to the u23s Unsworth played Simms as the striker in a 4-2-3-1. He struggled at first but improved his hold up play and other aspects. So I’m not too worried about him playing as a lone striker, he’ll need the rest of the team to also work out how to help him , but I see it as another part of his development by playing in different formations.

Status
Not open for further replies.