Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarrad Branthwaite at PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie, Netherlands)

Joao Virginia at SC Cambuur (Eredivisie, Netherlands)

Dele Alli at Besiktas (Süper Lig, Turkey)

JP Gbamin at Trabzonspor (Süper Lig, Turkey)

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship)

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship)

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship)

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One)

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One)

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One)

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One)

Harry Tyrer at Chester (National League North)

Bit of a surprise, and dissapointment, with Gibson to a league 1 outfit. No way he will ever be ready for prem?

Bit of a surprise, and dissapointment, with Gibson to a league 1 outfit. No way he will ever be ready for prem?

Good point. He turned 22 in July, so should surely be knocking on the door of the first team now, but we presumably couldn’t find a Championship team to take him on.

Good point. He turned 22 in July, so should surely be knocking on the door of the first team now, but we presumably couldn’t find a Championship team to take him on.
Yes. He should at least be championship quality at this stage I feel.

For me the turning point for Gibson was when we got that no-mark right back from Southampton and played him left back instead of giving an admittedly young Gibson a chance. It was all downhill from there. A shame, at 17-18 I thought there was potential to develop him.

For me the turning point for Gibson was when we got that no-mark right back from Southampton and played him left back instead of giving an admittedly young Gibson a chance. It was all downhill from there. A shame, at 17-18 I thought there was potential to develop him.
Gibson was far too young to have been given a chance. What we shouldve done was give Robinson a chance instead of loaning him.

He was also never going to be a premier league LB he's too tall and slow and not good enough on the ball. Seems like he got caught in an awkward too tall to play left back too small to be a centre half no man's land a bit too long, similar to Astley.

Gibson was far too young to have been given a chance. What we shouldve done was give Robinson a chance instead of loaning him.

He was also never going to be a premier league LB he's too tall and slow and not good enough on the ball. Seems like he got caught in an awkward too tall to play left back too small to be a centre half no man's land a bit too long, similar to Astley.
Yeah, I partly agree , particularly the young age he was.

I guess my beef was really around the structure we had then , none of the youngsters seemed to be actively managed in terms of training with the first team or a progression plan , just get them out on loan see what they can do. The first time I saw Gibson he was actually playing left back for England u16, and he was quite decent, that was just before we bought him. Then he was ousted from the England u17 team by bigger players like Guehi . Panzo and Latibeaudiere for their World Cup win.

Just taking the chance to watch Simms for Sunderland. His movement seems to have improved and you can see how he is making the Norwich central defenders nervous. On the other hand, he is being fairly well-shackled at set pieces and a couple of crosses from the right from him have been dreadful.

Re the calls for him to be recalled/never should have been loaned out, I think at the moment most PL defenders are far too clever for him and would have him for breakfast.

Just taking the chance to watch Simms for Sunderland. His movement seems to have improved and you can see how he is making the Norwich central defenders nervous. On the other hand, he is being fairly well-shackled at set pieces and a couple of crosses from the right from him have been dreadful.

Re the calls for him to be recalled/never should have been loaned out, I think at the moment most PL defenders are far too clever for him and would have him for breakfast.
Will be interesting to see what happens if Sunderland manager goes to Stoke

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) played a full 90 minutes in a 0-1 home defeat to Norwich.

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship) came off the bench in the 72nd minute whilst 3-1 down against Burnley; finished the game at 5-1.

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship) came on at half time and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at home to Preston.

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One) played a full 90 and assisted an injury time winner in a 2-1 home win over Peterborough.

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) came on as a half time substitute with his team 2-1 up away to Cambridge; ended up losing the game 4-3.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) played a full 90 minutes in a 0-0 home draw against Exeter.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) played 60 minutes and went off with the score at 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury; final score 1-1.

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship) played a full 90 minutes in a 0-1 home defeat to Norwich.

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship) came off the bench in the 72nd minute whilst 3-1 down against Burnley; finished the game at 5-1.

Niels Nkounkou at Cardiff (Championship) came on at half time and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at home to Preston.

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One) played a full 90 and assisted an injury time winner in a 2-1 home win over Peterborough.

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One) came on as a half time substitute with his team 2-1 up away to Cambridge; ended up losing the game 4-3.

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One) played a full 90 minutes in a 0-0 home draw against Exeter.

Lewis Gibson at Bristol Rovers (League One) played 60 minutes and went off with the score at 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury; final score 1-1.

…cheers, useful update.

Poor Onyango. I watched Simms and he’s a bit of a big boat, better than Rondon and certainly more likely to get on the end of something but much of the game passes him by.

I watched Simms yesterday looking to see areas of improvement. There wasn’t a lot to write about , but ….. he actually made two headers when inside the box, a big improvement on anything I’ve seen from him before! For the first one he found space , made good head contact, but sent the ball wide though when he should have at least hit the target . The second he won a tussle with a defender , sent the header into the ground where it bounced up and hit the bar! Neither header was at all stylish , but at least he’s getting on the end of crosses, I’ll count that as progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.