Player sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
I'm hoping we can keep hold of our better players for next season, and shift some of the deadwood like Alcaraz and Kone (although I may retain Kone as a third choice striker).

Think some of the other fringe players like Distin should be released too. As well as this, you've got squad members like Pienaar, Hibbert, and maybe Osman who are coming to the end of their careers and usefulness. However, should we be retaining these as back up?

We've obviously also got prize assets, Stones, McCarthy, Barkley, Lukaku, Mirallas, possibly Coleman. Bigger clubs may try and poach these in the summer, but I'd try and retain them if possible. If not, I'd be looking to rinse the buying club for top dollar.

So, realistically, what do you think our players are worth? How much could we get for these, and could we replace them like for like with that money?

Distin and Alcaraz are at the end of their contracts, so are definitely leaving. Kone should go too, he simply isn't up to the job. But I can see Martinez keeping him for another year. Osman, Hibbert and Pienaar all have 1 season left at Everton. Can't see many player sales this summer. Possibly McGeady.

Everton being Everton, I do wonder if we need to sell a big player to be able to fund 3 or 4 signings we want to make.

If that's the case, I think the one I'd probably go for is Coleman. Anything over £20m. I like Seamus, but he's a shadow of last season. His final ball is almost always dreadful and he's not been very effective at all in attacking areas this season. I'd be tempted to see if we could get another attacking RB in for less money and use the rest to fund some other buys.

I wouldn't want us to part with Stones, McCarthy, Barkley (in the hope that he develops a semblance of a brain for decision-making) or Lukaku. Not sure we have anyone else who is worth a fair wedge.

Howard
Robles
Hibbert
Oviedo
Distin
Alcaraz
Osman
Barry
Gibson
McGeady
Pienaar
Naismith
Kone
Atsu
Lennon

Don't think any of them will bring in much at all,

Mirallas may be off - 15mil ?

Distin and Alcaraz are at the end of their contracts, so are definitely leaving. Kone should go too, he simply isn't up to the job. But I can see Martinez keeping him for another year. Osman, Hibbert and Pienaar all have 1 season left at Everton. Can't see many player sales this summer. Possibly McGeady.

As much as it pains me to say it, I can see Martinez giving a contract Alcaraz for another season

Everton being Everton, I do wonder if we need to sell a big player to be able to fund 3 or 4 signings we want to make.

If that's the case, I think the one I'd probably go for is Coleman. Anything over £20m. I like Seamus, but he's a shadow of last season. His final ball is almost always dreadful and he's not been very effective at all in attacking areas this season. I'd be tempted to see if we could get another attacking RB in for less money and use the rest to fund some other buys.

I wouldn't want us to part with Stones, McCarthy, Barkley (in the hope that he develops a semblance of a brain for decision-making) or Lukaku. Not sure we have anyone else who is worth a fair wedge.

The bit in bold, re Coleman. Do you think anyone would give us 20m, let alone more than that?

Howard Million max
Robles £2 million max
Hibbert Nothing so probably worth having around
Oviedo £3 or 4 million
Distin Nothing out of contract
Alcaraz Nothing out of contract
Osman Nothing, probably his last season
Barry Nothing, high wages so anyone taking him would take him for free
Gibson very little as it'll be on a game basis you'd think
McGeady £4 or £5 million
Pienaar Minimal, last year of his deal and hasn't played much recently with injury
Naismith £4 or £5 million maybe
Kone Maybe £2 million
Atsu isn't ours
Lennon isn't ours

Mirallas may be off - 15mil ?

(although I may retain Kone as a third choice striker).
Hey Bobby, what other plans do you have for the summer?

Bigger clubs may try and poach these in the summer
There are no bigger clubs.

So, realistically, what do you think our players are worth? How much could we get for these, and could we replace them like for like with that money?
Can we stop trying to sell all of our players please?

If that's the case, I think the one I'd probably go for is Coleman. Anything over £20m.
Christ no.

Naismith
Kone
Atsu
Lennon

Mirallas may be off - 15mil
Lennon definitely won't.

*douses thread in petrol, lights match and wanders off.

Mirallas is a weird one, he seemed to want to leave but then suddenly he started saying he wanted to stay. I don't know what changed his mind, maybe the clubs interested in him weren't as good as he thought they'd be.

If we don't need to sell then why should we, unless they offer well over market value?
Osman Pienaar and Hibbert will all stay as back up and cover, Distin and Alcaraz will likely leave.
Mirallas looks to have done a 180 as there perhaps isn't the interest from other clubs to further his ambitions and I'd consider him the one big player who would leave, however football is an imminently changeable game.
Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Coleman are all likely to stay unless obscene amounts of money are offered.
I consider Gibson and McGeady (not regularly fit, and hasn't settled) players who could leave without having a huge impact on the squad barring numbers.
Howard will stay as likely will Robles, I can't see the manager making goalkeeper our number one priority position this summer.

Might lose Garbutt on a free but we'll at least get some money for him in a tribunal.

There ought to be money to bring in some quality in the positions that need it without the need for player sales.
This rebuilding of the squad to trim it of aging and ineffective players will happen over several summers, hopefully we can bring through some youth players to fill gaps where needed and direct funds to bringing in real quality players ahead of quantity.

Mirallas is a weird one, he seemed to want to leave but then suddenly he started saying he wanted to stay. I don't know what changed his mind, maybe the clubs interested in him weren't as good as he thought they'd be.
Or maybe if he kept talking about leaving he wouldn't get his loyalty bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.