Player rating: Tim Howard

How good/bad is Tim Howard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the keepers in the league can at least do the absolute basics like catch a cross and kick a ball over the half way line
They aren't very good at keeping the ball from hitting the back of the net, though, and that's a little bit more important.

You don't watch much football.

I watch football for a living and I agree with him. Loved him at one time but he's just not very good now, even though he has picked up from last season at the start of this one. Don't blame him for yesterday at all, though.

They're certainly no worse than Howard at that
That's obviously not true, and you're just being stubborn. I don't know how you can look at someone like Maarten Stekelenburg, for example, and come up with the idea that he's better at preventing goals than Howard is. He's conceded more goals, made fewer saves, and has faced weaker attacks.

That's obviously not true, and you're just being stubborn. I don't know how you can look at someone like Maarten Stekelenburg, for example, and come up with the idea that he's better at preventing goals than Howard is. He's conceded more goals, made fewer saves, and has faced weaker attacks.

I'd say the types of goals Howard's conceded have been far worse. Stekelenburg hasn't been beaten from a 3 degree angle or by a header inside his own six yard box yet that I can recall

I'd say the types of goals Howard's conceded have been far worse. Stekelenburg hasn't been beaten from a 3 degree angle or by a header inside his own six yard box yet that I can recall
You don't recall Lukaku beating him on a header inside his own six yard box?

Oh come off it, you can't seriously compare that goal to Ings' can you?
You're the one who brought up headers in the six yard box. You're right, though, you can't really fault Stekelenburg for that; I was just giving you a hard time. I watched Stekelenburg a lot when he was at Roma, though, and he was generally terrible at claiming crosses. There's no question in my mind that he's a notch below Howard in ability and the statistics back it up. And he's in the top half of the league. You take a look at guys like Pantilimon, Guzan, Boruc, and Ruddy (who is admittedly very young and has lots of room to improve), though, and I can't believe that even you won't admit that Howard is better than they are right now.

You're the one who brought up headers in the six yard box. You're right, though, you can't really fault Stekelenburg for that; I was just giving you a hard time. I watched Stekelenburg a lot when he was at Roma, though, and he was generally terrible at claiming crosses. There's no question in my mind that he's a notch below Howard in ability and the statistics back it up. And he's in the top half of the league. You take a look at guys like Pantilimon, Guzan, Boruc, and Ruddy (who is admittedly very young and has lots of room to improve), though, and I can't believe that even you won't admit that Howard is better than they are right now.

No he isn't, he was in 2007 but there's no way he is right now. There's hardly anything to choose between him, Boruc and Guzan, they're all crap. Ruddy is better than Howard though

Status
Not open for further replies.