Player rating: Tim Howard

How good/bad is Tim Howard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people really understand how few good goalkeepers there are in the Premier League right now. De Gea, Cech, Courtois (although he's having a terrible season), Butland, Hart, Lloris, and Gomes is doing pretty well at Watford this season. The rest of them are pretty much interchangeable dross, and Howard is probably towards the upper end of that pool. Now, I'd take most of them ahead of Howard going forward, since he's got nowhere to go but down, but right now anyone who thinks he isn't at least an average Premier League starter isn't paying attention to the rest of the league.

I don't think people really understand how few good goalkeepers there are in the Premier League right now. De Gea, Cech, Courtois (although he's having a terrible season), Butland, Hart, Lloris, and Gomes is doing pretty well at Watford this season. The rest of them are pretty much interchangeable dross, and Howard is probably towards the upper end of that pool. Now, I'd take most of them ahead of Howard going forward, since he's got nowhere to go but down, but right now anyone who thinks he isn't at least an average Premier League starter isn't paying attention to the rest of the league.

Statistically in the bottom 5 keepers in Europe last year barely improved since, one of the worst in the league

Tim Howard is the worst in the league mate.

Statistically in the bottom 5 keepers in Europe last year barely improved since, one of the worst in the league
The same statistics that say he was in the bottom 5 last season say he's in the top 20 so far this season, even after including yesterday.

The rest of the keepers in the league can at least do the absolute basics like catch a cross and kick a ball over the half way line

I've given him a 3/10 based solely on the fact he has two functioning arms and legs. The fact they don't work in conjunction with his brain though, is the major worry

Status
Not open for further replies.