Pivital Moment/Play of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Tiburon

Player Valuation: £5m
Thinking back across the season I decided to pick out what I thought be the pivotal moment in the season. I am sure that you might have others.

For me.... it was in the first league match with the RedMancs at Goodison. We had been in a putrid way early in the season up to that match and this game didn't start much better. But then, our captain goes in hard on that prissy Ronaldo. It seems to me, that at that moment, our season turned for the better. The belief and the passion began to flow and continued to build. That tackle was just what the doctor ordered.

Hail to Phil Neville. He has taken some stick on and off over the last few years but is there any denying that he has settled into a right, fine captain?

So there's my nomination - Phil's tackle on Ronaldo. What other candidates for Pivotal Play of the Year would you have?

Bringing on van der Meyde in the 108th minute of the FA Cup 4th round replay - Only to have him send in one of the best crosses delivered by an Everton player in years to allow on of our youngsters to cement his place in the history books.

Don't know about anyone else - but I won't be forgetting who provided that all so crucial assist.

I'm disgusted that he was released early, say what you want about the man, but he fully deserves to be at Wembley on Saturday.

Cap'n Pips tackle for me. Fighting spirit, committment, passion. Loved it and the whole team seemed to kick in from then. I always love seeing a new player come through and make an impact, but Cap'n Pip gets my vote this year.

Thinking back across the season I decided to pick out what I thought be the pivotal moment in the season. I am sure that you might have others.

For me.... it was in the first league match with the RedMancs at Goodison. We had been in a putrid way early in the season up to that match and this game didn't start much better. But then, our captain goes in hard on that prissy Ronaldo. It seems to me, that at that moment, our season turned for the better. The belief and the passion began to flow and continued to build. That tackle was just what the doctor ordered.

Hail to Phil Neville. He has taken some stick on and off over the last few years but is there any denying that he has settled into a right, fine captain?

So there's my nomination - Phil's tackle on Ronaldo. What other candidates for Pivotal Play of the Year would you have?

I couldnt agree more there as after that we were awesome! best season i think for a while ;););)

Mikel Arteta and Phil Neville both taking Steven Gerrard out in the first ten minutes of the Anfield Premier League game. It seemed to give us confidence and for the first time in a long time we went toe to toe with them and had a go.

I know we drew 1-1 but it was my favourite game of the season.

Bringing on van der Meyde in the 108th minute of the FA Cup 4th round replay - Only to have him send in one of the best crosses delivered by an Everton player in years to allow on of our youngsters to cement his place in the history books.

Don't know about anyone else - but I won't be forgetting who provided that all so crucial assist.

I'm disgusted that he was released early, say what you want about the man, but he fully deserves to be at Wembley on Saturday.[/QUOTE]
err no he does'nt. Not exactly a play of the season but i think the wake up call came when we lost againt wigan away. I remember a interview with neville how he explained that getting on the coach that night the fans let the players know exactly how they felt and all the players took a long hard look at themselves and knew they need to perform better. Next game we went to tottenham and we won then things started to move forward.

The Neville tackle for me. Turned our whole season around.

Something that I think Phil Neville touched on in an interview, the Wigan defeat Away. We became amazing after that game, nearly unbeatable.

The Neville tackle for me. Turned our whole season around.
Not really, since we had this horrible road game against Wigan a few weeks later. That loss turned our season around with Arteta being moved to the centre of midfield and team playing much better since then, even when Yakubu and Arteta got injured...

That tackle on Ronaldo is overrated, just like Neville this season is (after he was undeservedly under fire in previous seasons).

PS. MikelsGoat - :).

Status
Not open for further replies.