Pip in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Blue

Player Valuation: £50k
Hi everyone, newbie here with a first post!!

Went to the game yesterday, with a few other hardy souls. The usual pre-season fare and if we'd buried the chances then it would have been a landslide. A few positives (VDM, Rodwell, Tater playing a part) but the main thing for me was how dreadful Pip was in midfield, even against a poor team.

Personally, I never want him to ever play there again for us, but the lack of transfer activity makes it a real possiblilty we may be stuck with him as the holding player at the start of the season.

Leaving the financial aspect aside for a later thread, is Pip Moyesey's achilles heel? He just seems to love him, whilst in footballing terms, especially in midfield (he's an OK, right back) he's just bloody awful.

Will DM continue with Pip in midfield, or is there a quality player just waiting to be signed?

Went to the game yesterday, with a few other hardy souls. The usual pre-season fare and if we'd buried the chances then it would have been a landslide. A few positives (VDM, Rodwell, Tater playing a part) but the main thing for me was how dreadful Pip was in midfield, even against a poor team.

Personally, I never want him to ever play there again for us, but the lack of transfer activity makes it a real possiblilty we may be stuck with him as the holding player at the start of the season.

Leaving the financial aspect aside for a later thread, is Pip Moyesey's achilles heel? He just seems to love him, whilst in footballing terms, especially in midfield (he's an OK, right back) he's just bloody awful.

Will DM continue with Pip in midfield, or is there a quality player just waiting to be signed?

Welcome to this jolly board new boy. You'll find it a fun and humour spiked forum without getting too much into the abuse of other forums. That said, from my EvertonTV standpoint he had a good game. I only saw him lose the ball in midfield once (my connection did keep on cutting out). Not only that he was all over the place, and he made himself visible for passes.

In short, I think that your criticism is a little unfair, but you were at the match while i was sitting comfortably by my laptop.

Good 1st post mate, he will definitely continue with Pip in the team in some capacity despite him being the worst player in the 11. I personally think Moyes backed himself into a corner by making him captain and now feels he has to play him regardless of his form/ability. He will always be our weak link whichever position he is in

Good 1st post mate, he will definitely continue with Pip in the team in some capacity despite him being the worst player in the 11. I personally think Moyes backed himself into a corner by making him captain and now feels he has to play him regardless of his form/ability. He will always be our weak link whichever position he is in
I must disagree. I think Neville is quite a good FB. He is certainly the worst player when he plays midfield, but I'd deffo have him ahead of Hibbert any day

I must disagree. I think Neville is quite a good FB. He is certainly the worst player when he plays midfield, but I'd deffo have him ahead of Hibbert any day

Despite the fact he cant defend? Hibbo is by far the best defensive full back we have, very few get by him. Hibbo's faults and its a major one is that he is awful going forward

For me him in midfield is similar to Hibbert at right back. When both players are against opponents who require them to primarily defend they can do a decent job. Against weaker teams however where a more attacking approach is required they come up short.

He actually wasn't that bad yesterday. Kept it simple and his passing was tidy, worked hard and was decent om the ball. Always looked for it aswell.

Saying all this though Rodwell was alot better, Neville isn't a midfielder and nor do I want him to play there. He either plays right back or on the bench for me.

perfect description...OK isnt good enough though

manny

Its good that he has it in his locker, gives another card for moyesy to play, i can remember one or two games last season when it worked effectively having him and Cars in the centre as two holding midfeilders, Man City away stands out specificly.

That said it should be a safety net, and an option rather then Neville being the new Cars, i think it speaks volumes that the season he played the majority of games in midfield we finished 12th.

Full-back or bust for me.

The problem is hes so bad in mid field that you expect him to be as bad anywhere so when he doesnt make as many howlers you convince your self hes had a good game:lol:

why not?

he can chase players down, win the ball and he can play it

is that not what carsleys job was but he wasnt great at the latter

He doesnt chase people down though, thats 1 of his main probelms he wont chase players down. Manny is not a def midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.