Pinpoint the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? That was the point? Nothing before that?
That was the we’re relegation became more likely than not. We were staring it in the face but a win against Burnley would have given us a 6 point buffer on the bottom 3. It’s a game we were winning and should have won, the fact we didn’t meant we looked like we actually deserved to go down. We became the engineers of our own doom!

After a good first season, but a couple of high scoring defeats, Martinez heard shouts that we should be more defensive, tried it, and for 2 years we couldn't defend or attack.

Also when his main physio left that summer and injuries started happening left, right and centre since.

Hard to pin point though as it's been one farce after another since then.

Binning this off.

dezeen_Everton-FC-new-badge_1a.jpg

All been downhill since then.

That has led to our potential relegation. If you have to choose just ONE decision/player sale/injury/game etc.

And this is aside from ‘appointing Benitez’ as clearly everyone would say that.

I’ll go for the failure to bring in a solid reliable central midfielder in the summer. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin should have been moved on and replaced with one decent Prem proven player.
Ancelotti leaving was a big kick in the balls i think. Then hiring he who shall not be named..

Everton Day on Sky Sports News, when we were all expecting some mad announcement and instead sat there like lemmings for 9 hours watching the same clip of Carragher playing 5 a side with Lukaku on repeat. It’s never been right since then.

Kenny’s one man demolition sabotage job against Burnley.

2-1 up and all he has to do is square it and we’re probably safe. Instead he shanked it onto the bar and the followed that up with the worst period of football I’ve probably ever seen from any player ever.

Bringing Koeman in for me. I just didn't know what the board were seeing in him. His past record was hardly amazing. He didn't want to come here either, preferring to sit on the beach instead of doing a 10 minute presser. It was only that we offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn us down. I knew from then we were on the slippery slope.

Not far wrong.

Pickford
Keane
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Walcot
Cuco martina
Sandro...

Painful. Ronald koeman at his best.
Koeman was terrible but I think our owner and chairman also had their part to play. Moshiri wanted his big signing (Sigurdsson), Kenwrong wanted his (Rooney) and Koeman squandered the rest.

Bringing Koeman in for me. I just didn't know what the board were seeing in him. His past record was hardly amazing. He didn't want to come here either, preferring to sit on the beach instead of doing a 10 minute presser. It was only that we offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn us down. I knew from then we were on the slippery slope.
This 100% added to giving Walsh a DoF role (not a role he had done before) It was meant to be the dawn of a new era at the club. We needed a plan over the short term and the long term and from day one the only plan we had was to throw money at every situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.