Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not paid much attention to the footy after the season was imo, voided in March.

Was hoping the club would be armed with a billion now FFP is in the bin thanks to the Man City ruling.

Instead I see we are interesting in signing a guy who loves Spurs and captained Saints to a 9 nil home spanking by Leicester.

He’d sour my opinion of EFC danish midfielders if he came too...

I hear you....

Claus.jpg

There aren't always lots of alternatives when you are looking for pretty specific roles. This player turns the ball over high up the pitch more than anyone else in the league. I'm sure there are other players out there who could be better, but we haven't had the luxury of seeing them play in this league.
True, but the opinion on Hojberg is mixed. It isn't as if he has particularly stood out for Southampton ( not really a problem given the position he plays).
I think the general feeling here is that we want him because CA wants him. That certainly would be my feeling and I would be happy if he signed for us as centre midfield is our problem area and if we don't sign him we will sign somebody else.

I do agree however that buying players who have shown they can play in the Premiership is worth a premium.

I do find it strange that we would even try to sign a player who has 100% decided to go to Spurs. This leads me to believe that we have not bid for the player at all or that he is not as determined on the Spurs move as the media suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.