Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post Jazzy, agree with most of it but unfortunately, No cheese room :p.

Admittedly, cos of the horrible Covid it was finished at the worst possible time and you're correct, Spurs do have a wonderful stadium but there is a fair chance that with no supporters/very reduced attendances, the payments will now hinder the club?
Let's hope Everton, now possibly 100% of income spent on wages, still actually want to build a new stadium and if they do, can they also find the money to build it and progress up the table at the same time?
No cheese room !!!!
Quelle fromage ..... un-brie-lievable Jeff.
PEH defo won't sign now ...... I heard that he likes a good emmental.

Agree but Spurs have started winning quite regularly and importantly, the standard of football has got better.
Are Everton also winning regularly and playing a better standard of football?
Since each club changed managers, Everton's ppg has gone up by (slightly) more than Spurs's, for what it's worth.

Our football hasn't exactly been the most entertaining at times, but in defence of that, we have literally no midfield.

Since each club changed managers, Everton's ppg has gone up by (slightly) more than Spurs's, for what it's worth.

Our football hasn't exactly been the most entertaining at times, but in defence of that, we have literally no midfield.

Having no midfield is exactly the same problem we have so as P.E.H. supposedly plays in our weakest posistion, perhaps it is true that Spurs want to sign him?

As for both clubs now getting more PPG than before, both teams are still finishing the season lower than the season before (Spurs 6th or 7th, Everton 11th or 12th?,) so humbug :p.

Last edited:

Having no midfield is exactly the same problem we have so as P.E.H. supposedly plays in our weakest posistion, perhaps it is true that Spurs want to sign him?

As for both clubs now getting more PPG than before, both teams are still finishing the season lower than the season before (Spurs 6th or 7th, Everton 11th or 12th?,) so humbug :p.
Yeah but... that's not really the question you asked, is it? Sounded like you were comparing the upticks under Mourinho and Ancelotti respectively?

And you having no midfield:
Ndombele
Sissoko
Alli
Lo Celso
Fernandes
Bergwijn
Moura
Sessegnon
Lamela

Us:
Gomes (recovering from a career threatening injury thanks to a certain little rat)
Sigurdsson
Davies
Schneiderlin (now gone)
Delph
Bernard
Walcott
Iwobi

Hardly comparable.

In terms of the Spurs Everton comparison, when you actually think about it Spurs have literally no ambition and levy and his low ball offers clearly show this, that club is going nowhere but downwards from here.

We have Carlo and all signals are we fully intend to back him so it's not really as cut and shut as some make out, we are on the up they are on the down.

However if a Europa league run is his ambition, then that's secure with Spurs at moment.

yeah that state of the art 62,000 seat stadium that took 10 years to get built shows that they are on a downward spiral and have no ambition. Do you even believe what you post sometimes or do you just say it for a laugh?

this is spurs worst season in a decade, a decade where Everton have failed to finish above them once and yet again they are on course to finish double digits in points above Everton. They have played 5 champions leagues and got to the final just last year. They then spent £130m and added another £30m in January. They will almost certainly sign this guy over Everton so I’m not sure how you can possibly come to the conclusion that because Levy low balls teams to get the best possible deal for his club rather than splashing £45m on your Gylfi Sigurdsons of this world that they lack ambition is beyond me??

Yeah but... that's not really the question you asked, is it? Sounded like you were comparing the upticks under Mourinho and Ancelotti respectively?

And you having no midfield:
Ndombele
Sissoko
Alli
Lo Celso
Fernandes
Bergwijn
Moura
Sessegnon
Lamela

Us:
Gomes (recovering from a career threatening injury thanks to a certain little rat)
Sigurdsson
Davies
Schneiderlin (now gone)
Delph
Bernard
Walcott
Iwobi

Hardly comparable.

You do know that midfield positions vary massively and nearly all of those Spurs players you mention play out wide or are attacking midfielders.
As I said, it’s all about the position P.E.H. supposedly plays and at the moment we have the rubbish Harry Winks playing there.
Horses for courses.

You do know that midfield positions vary massively and nearly all of those Spurs players you mention play out wide or are attacking midfielders.
As I said, it’s all about the position P.E.H. supposedly plays and at the moment we have the rubbish Harry Winks playing there.
Horses for courses.
I am aware of that, thanks. From our list the "classic" central midfielders are:

Gomes
Davies
Delph (who is literally never EVER fit, and is pretty awful when he is)

Winks would be fairly comfortably our best central midfielder outside of Gomes (and arguably better than him at the moment, post injury)

yeah that state of the art 62,000 seat stadium that took 10 years to get built shows that they are on a downward spiral and have no ambition. Do you even believe what you post sometimes or do you just say it for a laugh?

this is spurs worst season in a decade, a decade where Everton have failed to finish above them once and yet again they are on course to finish double digits in points above Everton. They have played 5 champions leagues and got to the final just last year. They then spent £130m and added another £30m in January. They will almost certainly sign this guy over Everton so I’m not sure how you can possibly come to the conclusion that because Levy low balls teams to get the best possible deal for his club rather than splashing £45m on your Gylfi Sigurdsons of this world that they lack ambition is beyond me??
In all fairness does anyone ever look at Spurs and say “they’re going to win that league sometime soon” or “they’re going to win the CL this season”? I mean they played their champions league final like you play Burnley away last game of the season with nothing left to play for, it was a travesty Ajax went out to a team who just phoned the final in.

People will take note of Harry Kane who is one of the best strikers in the world; he’s turning 27 and he’s won absolutely nothing, that’s hardly ambition.

One day soon we’ll have a shiny new stadium on the water no less and that will be the big piece in the PL.

Anyway it’s probably not worth everyone squabbling over a player who in all honesty probably isn’t that good and who’s signing kind of shows how far both clubs have fallen, us from our delusions of grandeur and Spurs from bottling Premier Leagues and Champions Leagues.

Hojbjerg will be a bellwether for us, to go beyond £25 million is madness for a player of his ability and age. Make the bid and if he prefers Spurs move on to another target. We are desperate for a midfield but don’t let us make the same mistakes in the transfer window over and over again.
We don’t need a world beating midfield at the moment, a good midfield would suffice, we are midtable with no midfield at all.
Concentrate on getting rid of all the dead wood, bring in players who are better than what we have, the bar isn’t very high when it comes to midfield, and improve to a level where we compete for a European place, then build on that.
Trying to go from where we are at the moment to a Champions League team is a very costly and risky move. We need to build the squad and the club into one that expects success not one that accepts mid table safety.

I am aware of that, thanks. From our list the "classic" central midfielders are:

Gomes
Davies
Delph (who is literally never EVER fit, and is pretty awful when he is)

Winks would be fairly comfortably our best central midfielder outside of Gomes (and arguably better than him at the moment, post injury)

If Harry Winks would be your best central midfielder then you're proper bang in trouble so

1) You better make sure you get P.E.H. or someone else?
2) Buy Harry Winks (I wouldn't advise it lol.)

In all fairness does anyone ever look at Spurs and say “they’re going to win that league sometime soon” or “they’re going to win the CL this season”? I mean they played their champions league final like you play Burnley away last game of the season with nothing left to play for, it was a travesty Ajax went out to a team who just phoned the final in.

Travesty Ajax went out lol.
No, in the semi final against Ajax (and in the Q/F against Man City) we showed bottle and did very well to come from behind to beat both teams.

Losing to Liverpool in the Champions League Final.
We lost 2-0 to one of the best teams in the world who got a very dodgy penalty seconds after kick off and from that moment onwards, Spurs were not good enough to do anything about it.

Tell me again, when was it Everton last beat Liverpool (or even Liverpool’s reserve team?)

People will take note of Harry Kane who is one of the best strikers in the world; he’s turning 27 and he’s won absolutely nothing, that’s hardly ambition.

When people say things like this, it’s all about people’s agenda.
Some would say he’s showing loyalty to the club that helped him become such a good player, some say the above to prove he has no ambition.
He will probably leave Spurs soon and then win the medals he’s talent deserves but to say he has “Hardly any ambition” is plain wrong and it’s like saying Richarlison joined lowly Everton cos he doesn’t have ambition.

One day soon we’ll have a shiny new stadium on the water no less and that will be the big piece in the PL.

“Conjecture you honour, all conjecture.”

And play Davies?

He's not the only player in the world that can replace Davies. There are thousands of CM's out there, thats what the scputs are for.

Id rather he go to Spurs and we get someone else as I dont think he's mobile or pacey enough for us. We have enough slow crabs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.