Pienaar to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmaclad

No mate
From a respectable source, direct from THT's website:

Steven Pienaar has today been linked with a return to Everton in the January transfer window by the ‘People’ online website. Many Evertonians have been surprised by these rumours whilst others have dismissed them out of hand ! However, there is certainly some credibility in this story, which in itself is unusual as these type of rumours are usually just made up.

The truth is Steven Pienaar would have lined up yesterday at Goodison Park in an Everton shirt if Harry Redknapp had been able to complete either of his two deadline day targets (we know one of them was Alcanthra of Barcelona). Steven had sounded out David Moyes as early as June about a possible return to Goodison after realising it would seem that ‘if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it’. In fact Everton believed that they had secured the South African on Deadline Day and it has been suggested to us that it even played a small part in the decision to sell Mikel Arteta to Arsenal. thtandlcab-football.com were told that even as late as 10pm on deadline day it looked like the deal was on !

In fact, David Moyes thought that he had secured Nedum Onuha and Pienaar to accompany Royston Drenthe and Denis Stracqularsi in what would have been a successful day for the Blues boss.

Will David Moyes go back for Pienaar in January ? I would have to say probably, we have been told yes but I suppose it depends on circumstances all round. Moyes sees Pienaar as a replacement for Arteta in the middle of the park in a role that he has occupied for South Africa. In fact a midfield of Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell, Drenthe and Coleman or possibly even Landon Donovan sounds mouth watering to me ! I think its probably wishful thinking that we would get both Pienaar and Donovan but it says buckets for the team spirit that Moyes has festered here at Everton that both players want to return.

What about the fans who claim Pienaar is a mercenary ? Well my answer for them would be ‘show me a footballer who is not ?’ Steven Pienaar would have signed a new contract with Everton had the Blues offered him the deal he wanted. He was NEVER offered anywhere near £65k* a week at Everton despite for me being or most influential player for the last 18 months of his stay and fully deserving of being a top earner. Then he saw Mikel Arteta being given £75k a week and asked for parity in the end when the club made no attempt to get near what he wanted, he would have signed for probably somewhere around £60k a week had we not dragged our heels. A lot of money yes but when he was our best player it was a no brainer for me. The likes of Saha, Distin and Heitinga are all on or around that figure and he for me deserved to be also.

I for one would welcome him back to Everton with open arms as he was top class for us. His partnership with Baines was devastating for some sides and its one we have not been able to re-create and we have suffered. The other thing that impressed me about Pienaar was the fact that even though he knew he was probablt going to leave he still performed and worked his socks off for the club. The last game he played for us against Tottenham at Goodison he was Man of the Match and for me that summed up his committment. I hope that he struggles to get back into ‘Arry’s side and that we can sort either a loan (which WAS agreed in principle in August) or we find the £1.8 million that we have received so far for Steven and can buy him back. Come on Davie, you know it makes sense !!

Link: http://thtandlcab-football.com/?page_id=1179

I for one would welcome it with open arms, come back Stevie!

Saha and Heitinga on 60k a week, they'll be lucky to make 20 starts between them.

It's like we're pissing money away...

not for me!! lay in that whole you dug your self pienaar lad!

always greener is it you tit?? thought he might have learnt his lesson by now! ie leaving clubs to play at a better level and it not working out!

good player! just a ****e person!

Id take him back in a heartbeat

I mean its not as if we have a wealth of talent at left mid is it?

No mate personally I don't. I don't think we'd match his new wages and if we did I think it would be a mistake.
am with you frank ,i do remember going to watch lancs at aigburth back in may with lcab he told me that day pienaar was coming back,give bally his due hes really wrong ,

am with you frank ,i do remember going to watch lancs at aigburth back in may with lcab he told me that day pienaar was coming back,give bally his due hes really wrong ,

If he comes back I want a full apology for his chasing the blood diamond dollar at white hart lane.

And another one for the pigtails.

Status
Not open for further replies.