Phil Neville: Retrospective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 33 in 2010 mate. He stayed until 2012/13. Phil Neville aged 30-33 walks into this midfield. Imo of course.
Yes he would walk into this present teams midfield, but that is not much of a reference is it? He was a Jack of all trades player and not bad but he was only exceptional as a captain because of his experience gained at United and he would certainly be valuable in this capacity instructing the weak lousy squad, we have now, how to at least show some bleedin’ fight in this battle against relegation.

He was a leader, something we are currently missing.
He pointed well -

1646909844231.png

I always rated him up until his last two years when his legs went. Prior to that he was a quality midfielder imo and a good full-back, far better than any of the utterly crap full-backs we have right now.

Leon Osman got plenty of stick but he walks in to this team. A lot of players from the Moyes era do this is a terrible squad we have now. alessandro pistoni would get in to are current starting 11. So yeah I would love a Phil Neville in this team because he would make us better.

Everyone used to say he was a rubbish captain who just pointed and clapped, and Jagielka would be better. Then Jagielka took over and everyone said he was a rubbish captain and Coleman would be better, then Coleman took over and everyone says he's a rubbish captain and their dog would be better. It's almost like nobody on the outside has any idea what makes a good captain and whether somebody has the required skills.

I think it’s a lot easier to be a competent right back when you have prime Jagielka, Distan and Baines next to you!

I genuinely believe Coleman or Kenny would outperform Neville with a proper back four and not calamity Keane and pals. Neville was good at tackling and pointing, Coleman is great at tackling and still quicker than Neville now, Kenny is fine at tackling and gets up and down the pitch way more and can cross better than any RB we’ve had in decades too when he’s on his right foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.