Phil Neville: Retrospective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s a lot easier to be a competent right back when you have prime Jagielka, Distan and Baines next to you!

I genuinely believe Coleman or Kenny would outperform Neville with a proper back four and not calamity Keane and pals. Neville was good at tackling and pointing, Coleman is great at tackling and still quicker than Neville now, Kenny is fine at tackling and gets up and down the pitch way more and can cross better than any RB we’ve had in decades too when he’s on his right foot.

Jonjoe Kenny is not playing 300 games for peak Man Utd and getting 60 England caps. Let’s be real, Neville was levels ahead.

A Watson or Weir yeah but Yobo was a Keane-type, always had a goal-gifting mistake in him every game
Yobo was good though. He had occasional lapses of concentration that led to big mistakes but generally speaking he had everything you want a centre half to have. If it wasn't for those errors he made he'd have been genuinely top drawer. Keane lacks pretty much everything you want in a centre half. He makes mistakes but they just compound the fact that he isn't actually very good in general.

Jonjoe Kenny is not playing 300 games for peak Man Utd and getting 60 England caps. Let’s be real, Neville was levels ahead.
I’m talking about the Phil Neville that played for us, not when he was at United.
United sold him because he wasn’t good enough for them anymore and I don’t remember him getting in the England squad after joining us, though I could be wrong.

Obviously overall Neville was far better but if I had to choose between his horrible floaty crosses and passes and Kenny whipping a cross in I know what I’m choosing!

Status
Not open for further replies.