Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree we have missed Jags for me there is no leadership at the back which is made worse with 2 of the back 4 being kids.

Baines and jags coming back will be a massive boost to our defence.
He offers no leadership though.

A collapse has happened many times before with him at the heart of the defence.

We've not missed Jagielka at all since he's been out. That's the plain fact of the matter. We've gone the five games since he was forced out and not lost once.

We've not missed Jagielka at all since he's been out. That's the plain fact of the matter. We've gone the five games since he was forced out and not lost once.

I disagree mate.

I like the FM and Stones partnership and think it could be the start of something special but leadership was what they lacked yesterday. Either Barry or Howard should have been more commanding in Jag's absencce. For the second goal FM lets the ball run past him for the equaliser and obviously realises it with his reaction. With jags our backline wouldn't have got so deep and in the 87th minute sometimes you do need to whack it out for a throwin.

I disagree mate.

I like the FM and Stones partnership and think it could be the start of something special but leadership was what they lacked yesterday. Either Barry or Howard should have been more commanding in Jag's absencce. For the second goal FM lets the ball run past him for the equaliser and obviously realises it with his reaction. With jags our backline wouldn't have got so deep and in the 87th minute sometimes you do need to whack it out for a throwin.

You're bang on there mate. Second goal we conceded. Barry is standing by the ball after fouling a Bournemouth player and then - instead of stopping him playing a quick pass out to the wing that results in the goal - he stands there watching the lad take that quick free kick. He's right there on the spot and should have taken a card if need be.

Jagielka: I have to disagree, He's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in terms of galvanising a team that's under pressure.

agree. i think both had really good games and were not at fault for any goals, they defended everything really well. the problem was the flanks. The leadership voices should be coming from the 37 year old keeper and the 36 year old defensive mid. jag's is a great player, but he doesn't offer the leadership traits.

The leadership should have come from midfield. Barry run out of puff and was outplayed and the mc Carthy injury was a blow. Barkley lost the ball time and time again. They had a novice keeper yet he had nothing to do the entire half until the goal.

btw I hope that Baines is ready to get back next week.

You're bang on there mate. Second goal we conceded. Barry is standing by the ball after fouling a Bournemouth player and then - instead of stopping him playing a quick pass out to the wing that results in the goal - he stands there watching the lad take that quick free kick. He's right there on the spot and should have taken a card if need be.

Jagielka: I have to disagree, He's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in terms of galvanising a team that's under pressure.

I get it you want martinez type sexy players but we needed him yesterday.

I get it you want martinez type sexy players but we needed him yesterday.
How many times have you seen Jagielka waving bye bye to a cross into the box of that nature? Generally I thought the Palace threat was dealt with by our defence.

I think alot depends on who Stones plays better with and enjoys playing with.

At the moment Jags is out and 33 whilst Mori is playing and 24...both internationals of course. Hes junior with jags and senior with mori...

Id expect Stones to have a few factors in staying / leaving and i imagine his partners in central defence will be one of them.

How many times have you seen Jagielka waving bye bye to a cross into the box of that nature? Generally I thought the Palace threat was dealt with by our defence.

I think alot depends on who Stones plays better with and enjoys playing with.

At the moment Jags is out and 33 whilst Mori is playing and 24...both internationals of course. Hes junior with jags and senior with mori...

Id expect Stones to have a few factors in staying / leaving and i imagine his partners in central defence will be one of them.
Hard to see who's the senior player there. Mori has a lot more big match experience than Stones but Stones the greater PL experience.

We look to have good permutations from all three, tbf.

Hard to say small margins really and that is a credit to funes mori and stones but jags form towards the end of last season and this season is still the better option for me personally.

Haven't lost a game since he has been out, that says something to me, not just that we don't miss him right now and it would be good to have him back, but it shows the squad is getting even stronger. When he is back even a place on the bench wont be a guarantee, good stuff.
Anyway Mori is looking good and Stones is better than ever, shows the youngster can handle things without an experienced player along side him.

We definitely have, like. Stones and Jags are the best centre half partnership we have at our disposal. Funes Mori is one of the better headless buffoons we could have gotten from South America, but we're still a lot steadier with Jags beside Stones. The five games since he was forced out have been against all that "easier opposition" we talked about, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.